Author Topic: In person RM2 one shot, Plano TX, July 22nd.  (Read 788 times)

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
In person RM2 one shot, Plano TX, July 22nd.
« on: July 10, 2023, 04:27:54 PM »
PreGen characters. I can easily turn it into an ongoing campaign if there is enough interest.

Let me know if you want to be there, or even if you just want more info.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: In person RM2 one shot, Plano TX, July 22nd.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023, 09:10:29 PM »
The premise: "Going Away Party"

You're all teenage friends. You grew up together. You're about to have to get serious about being a grownup. But before you do, you're all going to go check out the "haunted" ruins south of town that you've been curious about for more than 10 years. Your parents forbade you to go near them, but they don't get to tell you what to do anymore.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2023, 09:12:32 PM »
The characters:

Sally Fourth – Dwarf/Human Fighter. 17 years old. Level 4. The practical, no nonsense type. Worships Jai, but not serious about it. Has dreams of carving a new territory out of the wilderness, but doesn’t say anything about it to anyone, since it’s only a pipe dream.

Penelope “Penny” Dredfall – Tallfellow Halfling Illusionist/Magician. 17 years old. Level 3. Nerdy girl. Thought of as flighty by her friends. Fiercely intelligent, though. Pays lip service to Eschi, but doesn’t actually worship anyone or anything.

Henrietta “Harry” Deal – Stout Halfling Bard. 18 years old. Level 4. Dreamer. Front woman for a local band, Big Harry Deal and the Small Potatoes. Gig work gets her free drinks and an occasional meal, but that’s all. Is convinced she’ll be famous someday. Worships Da Chi/Chafa.

Seymour Gore – Wood Elf/Human Healer. 18 years old. Level 5. Social climber. Worships Kenomei. Wonders if he’ll get into trouble if he heals his friends without charging them anything.

William “Biff” Smack – Drow/Troll Monk. 16 years old. Level 3. Smitherine “Healer.” Worships Jai, of course. Fanatical, as Smitherines tend to be. Has been a social outcast all of his life, thinks religion is the only way he’ll ever gain acceptance… or if not, fear and respect at least.

Hugh Tue – Drow Magus. 17 years old. Worships Boji. Level 3. Used to be normal when he was a kid, went off to school and came back… weird. Apparently heard that magic use can cause insanity, and decided to just go for the gold.

Delmina “Delmie” Moore – Human/Orc Delver. 17 years old. Level 3. Worships Eschi. The curious type, the kind who takes a clock apart looking for the tick. The difference is, she can put it back together and have it work again. Social outcast, but not quite to the degree as Biff or Moe.

Flaude Brane – Human Mentalist. 16 years old. Level 3. Doesn’t worship anything, thinks the whole idea is silly. Where Delmie takes clocks apart looking for the tick, Flaude wants to take the whole world apart looking for it.

Morris “Moe” Cash – Drow/Orc Rogue. 16 years old. Level 3. Likes Sally, but still thinks it’s stupid to stand out front and basically dare critturs to hit you. That argument has been going on for years. Where Sally dreams of clearing and running a new territory, Moe dreams of walking down the street and not being given the stink eye for being part Orc. More of a social outcast than Biff. Worships Arra, but doesn’t get serious about it.

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023, 09:16:09 PM »
Notes:

Jai is the God of War, Politics, and Assassination. Eschi is the Goddess of Knowledge and Secrets. Da Chi/Chafa is the God/dess of Love, Lust, the Arts, and Obsessions and Passions of all kinds. Kenomei is the Goddess of Commerce and Thievery. Arra is the Goddess of the Sky and Storms. Boji is the God of Wine, Drugs and Madness. And yes, insanity is an occupational hazard of spellcasting in my world. Smitherine "Healers" are basically monks, with a twist. They're Channeling semi casters. Worshipers of Jai are forbidden from using magical healing. However, a Smitherine Healer can transfer a wound and magically hold it up to 1 rd/level for opportunity fire (by touch). The mere sight of a Smitherine can cause panic in an opposing army.

You'll note that I have quite an eclectic mix of racial mutts. The reason for that is because of the history of this country. The population is almost entirely descended from people who were magically enslaved, to be used as shock troops in an interracial war. The slavers didn't care about the races of their slaves. The slaves didn't care about racial purity.

I'm trying for 4-6 players, but I'm willing to take more on. I'm coming up with extra characters so people will have choices. I'd love for "too many players" to be the worst of my problems.

And obviously, I have a thing for "punny" names.

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 09:01:57 AM »
The one shot has evolved in to an ongoing campaign. The next session will be Saturday, August 26th, at Dallas Games Marathon, 910 W Parker Rd, Plano, TX, starting at 5PM.

After that, it will be the 2nd Saturday of the month (next game on September 9th), at the same place and time. In person play only.

Contact me if you're interested.