Author Topic: XP Tracker - Press release  (Read 3690 times)

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
XP Tracker - Press release
« on: November 27, 2012, 12:50:44 AM »
Here is a little press release for XP Tracker with some images.  We expect you will be slaying Trolls and other creatures with ease in December.

For 6 months now we have been working tirelessly on creating XP Tracker. What started as a simple idea has expanded in to an effective tool to accelerate gaming and remove much of the tedious tasks and restore order and joy to the game.

So what is XP Tracker? For the most part XP Tracker is a program that gets rid of the scratch paper in gaming. Normally you have your Character sheet, core books and tons of scratch paper that you use form notes to calculations. XPT was created to help speed up gaming while allowing you to track everything on the fly.

We’ve gamed for 20 plus years too and noticed our gaming slowing down when we got in to combat. Players had multiple attacks they had to roll out, find skill or item bonuses and add or subtract hit points among other things. XPT won’t replace any books or tables, but at the end of the adventure it saves you from adding up all that XP since it tracks it as well and many other things.

At any point you can bring up old combat sheet and make adjustments. Some GM’s give out the creatures levels right away and others want to wait to the adventure is over. XPT will adapt with ease and give you more game time.

Players can customize XPT’s look as well as dig in to it’s core and adjust bonuses or multipliers for their adventures.

With limited time to game with friends these days XP Tracker helps you squeeze every minute out of your weekend game. Today digital technology has a place at the gaming table. Most of us used our own Excel Spread sheets or Pages on our laptops. XP Tracker is built for RoleMaster gaming, the best gaming.

We hope you will enjoy it as much as we did writing 100,000 lines of code. Ya, that wasn’t fun but we love using it now!

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: XP Tracker - Press release
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 09:33:11 AM »
 Looks good.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline VladD

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +10/-10
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 09:52:54 AM »
looks profi to me. Nice work!
Game On!

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 10:41:05 AM »
Thanks. I think I should have posted this is the Software area, I posted it here by mistake. If a moderator could move it to the software area that would be great.

Offline Defendi

• Final Redoubt
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 03:35:35 PM »
Is this available yet?
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 03:48:43 PM »
Almost.

I would say less then 2 weeks we will have it out. There are just a few final things we are adjusting code on. Also getting the support website up and running as well as finishing up the tutorial videos. It comes with a built in manual to give you the run down of how to use it. But we found that people get up and running with the app faster if they can watch tutorial videos while using it. Those are also almost finished.

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 02:56:32 PM »
Hi Everyone, Just wanted to let you know that Apple approved the app this week and it will be released to the public December 21st. XP Tracker is designed to run on iPads and should be available to all markets around the world.

Since XP Tracker is a pretty in depth program we have tutorial videos to help the user get up and running fast. The app has a built in manual as well explaining the features and how to use them.

As people use the program send us feedback so we can design in new features to future releases. The videos are located in the link below.

http://www.larsapps.com/xptracker.php

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 08:47:05 PM »
Two thumbs up.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 03:37:19 PM »
'XP Tracker' went live today in the app store for iPads. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xp-tracker/id585481620?mt=8

Check it out.

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
XPT - Update.
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 07:07:59 PM »
Hi, Thought I would give an update. It was released on the 21st and people have been downloading it with sales in France, Spain, Brazil and more.

We have started working on some updates for the app already and should have those out next month. If anyone has any suggestions we are always open to hear them and see if it is something that we can incorporate into XP Tracker. I check this page every few days and also people can email me from the http://www.larsapps.com/xptracker.php page too.

Offline Temujin

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 08:34:57 PM »
Will this app be posted onto other mobile/tablet app stores, for those that do not have an apple?

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 09:39:56 PM »
At this point in time it won't, sorry. I am the main developer for the app and getting up and running on an Android device would mean a whole new rewrite of the program with a new language. I mainly develop on the Mac and IOS platforms and this app took about 600 hours from idea to release.

If XP Tracker really takes off then there is a possibility to hire some one to rewrite it in Java for Android tablets. I used my iPad first generation to test it when building it and it ran great on it. Used iPads can be picked up on ebay at a pretty reasonable price too. But again if the opportunity comes up to cross platform the app we will do it.

Thanks.

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 03:01:11 PM »
Hi Everyone, So thanks for some of the feedback from the XP Tracker users. We are right now working on the next version which will included a couple minor bug fixes and adding new features. One feature now finished will allow the user to get detailed notes about the item they selected on the main page. This saves them from having to go back to the Prefs Page to review notes when selecting the items there. Also if you select an item that has more then 1 for the quantity, example you have 4 healing potion, you can adjust up or down as you add to your inventory or use them. I included a photo of that change.

Also on the list of updates
• Generate PDF file of current adventure that you can email to yourself before you reset for the next adventure (if you decided to reset that is). This will allow you to archive any notes, combat and so on.
• Multi item bonus selection to aid your DB or OB. You may have some magical armor that gives you bonuses and say a +10 ring of protection.
• Call out section for XP. When we finish our adventures we have "Call outs". This is a chance to gain additional XP for any incredible things your character did through out the adventure. 

So again, thanks for using XP Tracker and keep the comments coming in for updates!

Offline Bodhi Sattva

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2022, 12:12:25 PM »
How can I download this???

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2022, 01:26:44 AM »
2012/2013 post…most likely defunct?