Forum > Order of the Iron Crown

Convention attendance - which cons?

<< < (4/5) > >>

Grinnen Baeritt:
I will be attending(co-organising) both Conception 2010 (Jan 2010) and Indiecon 2009... (Nov 2009)

Both are run at the same site in the South of England.

In my experience, at cons it not so much a problem finding players...but finding the scenarios to suit. Con games are generally 3-4 hours long. With rolemaster that means 1-3 combats tops assuming all are experienced players.

I have run a few rolemaster games as convention scenario, all historical rather than fantasy (avoids spells..;))

To be able to run at either (which I am very willing to try) I'd need a scenario, pre-gens and some simplified charts (or at least those used in the scenario).

The most important thing is the Pre-gen character sheets... less is more and they need to be attractive, dump excess stats and skills... just present the important skills (and bonuses)... and defaults for the various skill groups (Which should double for attribute checks etcs). Should be able to manage to present the character on 2 x a4 sheets maximum including background, relationship with other characters etc.

Any more than that and your players will be spending longer trying to find the info than playing the games.

SamwiseSeven:
I sent you an email about the possibility of becoming an Apprentice.

NicholasHMCaldwell:

--- Quote from: SamwiseSeven on September 11, 2009, 07:33:28 PM ---I sent you an email about the possibility of becoming an Apprentice.

--- End quote ---

On holiday at moment with limited connectivity (had to spend a morning repairing a network). I have emailed our webmaster to get your account updated to be able to access the Apprentices thread.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Zhaleskra:
Definite: U-Con 2010
Possible: Origins 2010

I had thought of making a HARP scenario for U-Con a year or so ago, but I only got through creating one and a half characters and not having my idea thought out enough. HARP might also work with some custom races for the furry conventions I attend, as the "three is enough" rule of special abilities is one of my favorite features of the game.

ReaperWolf:
Winter War 2011 last weekend in January here in Champaign-Urbana Illinois.

At least one HARP event per day one of which may be in Shadow World.

>>ReaperWolf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version