Forum > Order of the Iron Crown

Convention attendance - which cons?

(1/5) > >>

NicholasHMCaldwell:
This is sparked by the "Interesting topic" thread.

Which conventions do you expect to attend between now and the end of 2010?

If you plan to attend any conventions, would you be willing to run a Rolemaster (any version) or a HARP scenario?

If you are willing to run a scenario, would you be running one of your own devising or would you be happy to run an "official" scenario or scenario series?

Best wishes,
Nicholas

ictus:
also, What support material other than scenarios themselves would help or even encourage people to run convention games.

I'd like to see a series of how to play leaflets outlining the basics of play, what the numbers on the character sheet mean etc.

That way gamers unfamiliar with RM could easily start playing without big explanations or feeling left out. After all it's non RM players we want to encourage.

ironmaul:
Andrew makes a very good point. A short idiot's guide to Rolemaster leaflet would save time for a GM to prep his players on how things function. It would only need to accomodate for players and how to navigate thier characters through the basic game mechanics.

Rasyr-Mjolnir:

--- Quote from: Ironmaul on July 05, 2009, 04:15:50 PM ---Andrew makes a very good point. A short idiot's guide to Rolemaster leaflet would save time for a GM to prep his players on how things function. It would only need to accomodate for players and how to navigate thier characters through the basic game mechanics.

--- End quote ---

If somebody wants to write something up for this, I will volunteer to PDF it (including some nice ICE art) during those little bits of free time that I have..

The key point is that somebody actually has to write it up...  :D

Usdrothek:
Im attending GenConOz 2009 and no doubt 2010 (Currently mid September) and perhaps Arcanacon (in OZ) in late January 2010.

I'm more than willing to run an adventure...I have the usual problem of not really enough time to write one up, so an "official" scenario looks appealing.

I'd love to run Rolemaster, but fear that even in a bigish Con (for OZ) we would struggle to get many players....but I would like to give it a try. The "first time" aspect of playing RM for someone who has never played anything but D&D is a little daunting for most.....but the "idiot's guide" mentioned above, given out ahead of time (if possible) seems a good idea. If players that have registered for a RM session at the con could download the "idiot's guide", that would help with minimising the "tuition time" inside the actual game session on the day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version