Author Topic: Standards for RM Cyadon Playing?  (Read 2045 times)

Offline MaxUgg

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Standards for RM Cyadon Playing?
« on: September 19, 2008, 02:11:02 AM »
I just wanted to ask.. since no 2 RM2 games were ever the same [at least in my experience] will there be a requirement for play testers to use a standard set of options or select from a standard list of options - can combat companion be used. I ask as the seer number of permutations of RMC 'games' hurts my head and to me makes it a seemingly impossible task to draw conclusions from all the test playing data?

I guess I'm just curious as to how it's done as it seems almost impossible.

thanks in advance for any replies or insights in to the world of game design/testing :)

Max..
Everything is IMNSHO and always YMMV applies

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Standards for RM Cyadon Playing?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 05:44:58 AM »
RM Cyradon will not contain any "options". It will contain the rules needed to play, nothing more.

The "conclusions" that we are attempting to draw from the playtesting are simple. That the rules are including are balanced and that they work well.  And we do expect playtesters to adhere to the rules we post (i.e. what we WANT tested), at least during the playtesting period.

Now, there will be room in the playtesting for some customization, though we won't be offering any options in the RM Cyradon rules.

For example, you ask about Combat Companion. We are already including the professions, the armor as a single skill option/rule, and several combat styles built using the rules from Combat Companion.

If a playtester wanted to use the armor by the piece rules and the attack/combat table from Combat Companion, he could do so without disrupting the playtesting.

Offline MaxUgg

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Standards for RM Cyadon Playing?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 03:11:41 PM »
Rasyr,
   Cool thanks for the reply, it has my interest piqued... I already talked to my GM and next to sway the rest of my regular group :O)

and I really like what you did with the combat companion [cc? is that is abreviation?] so I'm very happy they are in RMCyadon
Everything is IMNSHO and always YMMV applies