Author Topic: Percentage of common actions...  (Read 2738 times)

Offline GoblynByte

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Percentage of common actions...
« on: January 09, 2008, 03:51:35 PM »
I'm confused about something regarding the round sequence and the time it takes to complete various actions.  There is often a range of a percentage given for actions.  When this is the case, what percentage is used?  For instance, table T-3.2 says that a full melee attack takes 60% to 100% of your actions for that round.  How do you know what to use?  Do you really just take everything on a case-by-case basis or is there some way of nailing down the time taken that I'm missing?
A man said to the universe:
"Sir I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."
--Stephen Crain

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Percentage of common actions...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 04:13:19 PM »
The player decides what amount to use. However, if he uses less than the maximum for the maneuver, he gets a -1 modifier for each percent less than the full amount used.

For example,  an attack requires 60-100% -- If you choose to use 75% in order to save 25% for some other action, then you receive a -25 to the attack.

Offline GoblynByte

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 04:55:17 PM »
The player decides what amount to use. However, if he uses less than the maximum for the maneuver, he gets a -1 modifier for each percent less than the full amount used.

For example,  an attack requires 60-100% -- If you choose to use 75% in order to save 25% for some other action, then you receive a -25 to the attack.

Aha!  I gotcha.  Excellent.  Thank you.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."
--Stephen Crain

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 05:48:32 PM »
Have to admit I was a little confused about the distinction between

Full Melee (60-100%), Press & Melee (80-100%), React & Melee (80-100%)

this post prompted me to check up on it.... ah, Now I understand I've been doing it all wrong. ::).

Till now I had been assuming that if the target of an attack wins the initiative moves away, the attacker would need to take a movement action (at -20 as an opportunity action) to catch the target and make an attack. This attack would suffer a penalty equal to the percentage activity used to move to maintain contact. I never counted the "follow-up move" as a seperate action though. I did something right. ::)