Author Topic: Echoes of Heaven  (Read 12192 times)

Offline Maelstrom

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Current mentality: Excruciatingly Confused
Re: Echoes of Heaven
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2005, 09:05:30 AM »
Oh, I'm not sure that I'd QUITE call it appocalyptic (although there may very well be appocalytpic plots).   More just really dark (as in dark ages).  Just don't want to give you the wrong impression.  I'm shooting for a level of midiieval realism (plus magic of course) few games go for, so it can be very oppressive, if the GM wants.  Of course, its pretty easy to control the level of grimness in your own game sessions by the people you meet, so you shouldn't feel constrained by that, but that's the baseline I'm shooting for.

:angel5: Oh joyous and happy day!  :angel5:
  :wave:

I'm currently developing my own gaming world which is similar to this setting (world is nearing a renaissance - inspired by the Friedman's Coldfire Trilogy.) I will have to pick up the main source book to further inspire my ideas and I could easily use other material to supplement the adventures my poor players will be tortured with.  :evil1:
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2005, 12:32:45 AM »
My cursory examination makes it look like POD is possible.  Note however, that I have not researched enough to make an actual business decision.  For instance, I haven't looked into customer complaints and the like.  So more research, but I woulnd't fret.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2005, 12:17:43 AM »
I look forward to reading the product and wish you the best of luck!!!

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline lorenen

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • from the pits of T'is K'ali to the starclad sky..
    • myspace
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2005, 09:41:09 AM »
Defendi i suggest you to read the MANGA  "Berserk" by the master Kentaro Miura.. its a fantasy story with a very dark setting in a world between darkage and reinassance.

Italian fanzine for the d100 rpg

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2006, 09:18:14 PM »
I can say we allways need more good worlds and civs for RPG's.

I can picture 3 civs, 2 have been war with each other for years. The 3rd providing arms and men to each side and waiting to take advantage of each of them when the time is right. But each of the civs has had crop failers and a deadly and magic resistant plague has come out of the forest to affect the civs. Why have efferts to explore the forest been unsucessful? Have the forest people declared war on the people of the cities? When will the 3rd civ attack the other 2 civs that are currently at war? Why is the plague resistant to all known healing?

Just a thought.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Maelstrom

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Current mentality: Excruciatingly Confused
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2006, 01:21:38 PM »
MDC

The one I'm currently working on will be submitted to TGC for publishing.  I'm also writing an adventure that is set in this new world that will be submitted as well.  The adventure is designed as an epic scale adventure to be run concurrently with another one the GM is running.  Not sure how that will fair in the editing process.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Offline allenrmaher

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2006, 12:09:57 AM »

I've always wanted to play in a version of the land from the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant... a really fascinating old set of books.... It would be nice to play a licenced product... but then someone would buy the movie rights and then cut off the RPG company that made it... and then licence a crap knockoff based on the movie... which would quickly find it's way to oblivion and mediocraty but prevent any good product from ever being sold again.... but, I digress.

Yah that would be a fun RPG setting.
Grad School, it's like slave labour, but without the job satisfaction or high social status.

Offline Grafton

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2006, 11:02:12 PM »
This world sounds very intersting, and I'm keeping a close eye one threads related to it. So far, it seems to be exactly the type of thing I'm looking for, but still not sure.

It appears this will be both a written world and written adventure/campaigns?

I've seen elsewhere here that conversion to RM2 from RMSS/FRP is not a problem (which I assume this will be written for), is this true?

Thank you to ICE and Defendi for doing this - those of us tired, worn out GMs are most appreciative.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2006, 12:09:15 AM »
Yes, right now our business plan is to release a sourcebook and an adventure bundled together at a very low price.? The first bundle is The Echoes of Heaven Campaign Setting/The Throne of God.? The first title is the sourcebook the second is the adventure.? Typically, we try to bundle sourcebooks with the adventures with which they are most connected.? The first one is general, but there's a bonus sourcebook inside doing a full detailing of the country of Ludremon, the location of the first adventure.? The second is the murder mystery and the sourcebooks for the city where it takes place, etc.

Offline Grafton

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2006, 12:22:34 AM »
Thank you for the quick response and the information. I did read your journal and it also sounds good.

I hope you will continue your efforts with this project. Best Wishes, Grafton

Offline Norin

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2006, 10:56:49 PM »
I assume there will be some new spells in The Echoes of Heaven setting any chance of a teaser/preview of these or new professions?
"You have an overdeveloped sense of vengeance. That's going to get you into trouble someday!"

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2006, 01:22:16 AM »
I don't think new spells are likely, except in the case of a cross stating hole, and I'm trying to avoid those.  For instance, if the way healer spells worked became important, I'd have to include a healer variant in for HARP, but as I said, I'm trying to minimize those.  Dwarven magic will have some quirks, but likely they will be like the differences between a nominist caster and a somanist in Essence Companion.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2006, 10:14:52 PM »
Hey, y'all, we're now second in posts in the settings section of the forum (not to put down the other boards, they're settings were already established before the new forum, and that effects the numbers a lot).  Thanks for showing so much interest!