Author Topic: Updates for RM Classic  (Read 4612 times)

Offline thiha

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Peace
Updates for RM Classic
« on: October 18, 2007, 05:47:11 PM »
I've just found the news that Final Redoubt Press is "also updating past Rolemaster versions to include NPC stats for Rolemaster Classic" in the ICE News October 18, 2007.

Can anyone who bought the previous Echoes of Heaven Rolemaster versions get the RMC friendly updates for free? Or have to pay some amount to get them?

Thanks.

Offline Grafton

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Updates for RM Classic
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 05:52:27 PM »
I'm also interested in the RMC updates. This is what I'm running, currently using the FRP version and modifying it as I see fit.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 09:46:22 PM »
They will be free if you already purchased.  The PDF, of course.  You don't get the print version for free.  :)
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 09:58:23 PM »
Here are the basic changes:

1) Dual NPC stats.
2) I tried to verify that the skills used are available in Classic.  If they aren't, I give a note of what maneuver to make in both versions.  There's also a note at the beginning stating that if the skill is in Classic but you don't use it because its optional, you'll need to replace with a stat maneuver or the skill you'd prefer.
3)  I left the lists from Channeling Companion alone because if you have Channeling Comp they'd be usable in either version and if you don't you can't anyway.  For instance, Weracy still knows Ceremonies in RMC.
4)  Monster stats didn't change between versions so I left them alone.
5)  Lots of profession notes now have two entries (Layman/No Profession, Mythic/Rogue, etc).
6) I think I had to leave Holy Arms as a spells for Angels, because there is no RMC equivalent.  I stated that it's only there if you have the spell list, however, otherwise you can ignore it.
7) I changed references to levels of success in RMFRP to the numbers you need to roll, for RMC (so it's no longer success, but 111+ if that's the target number, to avoid confusion).
8)  I stated out the affects of Holy Aura in the angel so that RMC people know what it does.

I think that's it.  Feel free to speak up (and soon) if you feel I missed something or want to raise a fuss.  :)

Offline Grafton

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 11:55:08 PM »
A minor point about monster stats, but possibly major as I run the game more:

In the prelude there are the skeletons climbing the wall. Skeletons as written in the RMFRP version are different than RM2 C&T version. Not sure about RMC version since C&T is not released yet.

EoH version: 25bs only.
C&T version: 25We50/40Ba50, i.e. 50/50 chance of a better bash attack. That bash came up alot in my combat. Also there is the there is the matter of CO/Life Level drain which is not mentioned in the EoH material.

This is not a huge deal, but is a difference. I would probably check my old source books anyway regardless of what's written in the material. Just thought I'd mention it.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 06:07:14 AM »
They didn't change, except for a typo that switches minor and lesser back and forth (I might have brought that typo in).  I eliminated the bash on purpose, since that's the first battle a new GM would run, and since the skels were designed for straight-up warfare.  The skeletons don't get con drain until the third level version, at least in my version of both materials.

So, no differences there, except for my own.