Author Topic: Prod 3 Maps...  (Read 5715 times)

Offline Dr. Joe

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Prod 3 Maps...
« on: April 02, 2007, 12:04:13 PM »
Sixteen different maps, if I counted correctly. Wow!!! 8)

Going through the CC3/DD3 maps, I noticed two things: On the Uzarag map, the background image in the deciduous forests aren't found. On the Tarukkhal Fortress Level 1/2 CC3 map, there's a similar effect for the outer part of the wall around Rooms 6-11 and the 29s (the DD3 version is perfect - and looks better anyway ;)).

It might also be pointed out in the Readme that you need to activate sheet effects somewhere in the Tools menu to get these (or does everyone except me know this? :-[ )

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Prod 3 Maps...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 12:22:49 PM »
I don't think I had problems with those maps.  I couldn't have been that lucky but I will check when I get home.

Do you have the same problem with the Stanor Monastery map from the first book?  I think they each use new trees.  The CC3 file that is.  If so, check the readme file from there as you need to get some images.  You need to put them in the folder marked.  These are in addition to the racial structures.  I had a devil of a time getting those linked to the map.

I just got CC3 and am plodding through it.  Defendi had to help me a little on this issue.  Reading the readme files also helped.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline Dr. Joe

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 12:32:02 PM »
Well, yes and no. I had the Stanor problem, but that went away after downloading all the trees. But there was a similar missing background thing on the big Belkanath map (Defendi helped make that one go away...)

Reading the Readme is *always* a good thing!  ;)
That's where I saw how to get the scales to show on the maps...

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 01:21:09 PM »
Ack - now I will have to backtrack and open the rest of the maps in CC3 and see how they look.  They looked fine in the viewer.  I did figure out that the dwarven maps become a lot more readable with screen effects on.

Actually now that I think about it I didn't have any problems with the dwarven maps in CC3.  I was looking at them from the HARP version if that made any difference.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 04:31:34 PM »
Those aren't new graphics files, so you shouldn't be having problem unless yours have been moved.  I'm on the way out the door right now, but I'll try to track down which fills you're talking about tonight and post so you can check them on you CC3.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline Dr. Joe

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 03:48:29 AM »
I forgot to mention: I looked at the files from the RM package.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 08:52:49 PM »
The forest style is an absolute reference, not a relative one.  Same is the Solid 20 style In the fortress map.  I suspect you changed the program location of CC3 when installing.  Go to the fill styles and Bitmap.  You'll notice that most of them start: #bitmap, but those styles start C:\Program Files.  Change the stuff before Bitmap to #.  "#" means your CC3 directory.

Sorry.  Thought I caught them all.

Offline Dr. Joe

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 06:46:48 AM »
Thanks a lot, Defendi. Will try this in the evening...

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 10:25:03 AM »
I also figured out yesterday how to 'lock' the maps as they are sent out editable.  I always get nervous when it says 'save changes' on something I don't think I changed and haven't been looking at it long enough to auto-save.

Offline Dr. Joe

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 12:54:38 PM »
Perfect! I replaced "C:\Program Files\PorFantasy\CC3" with "#" and then everything looks fine.  :P
Thanks for your help!

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 07:41:52 PM »
Np.  I did a sweep for all those but it looks like I missed those two.  The ones that come set up in the template are already relative, but the ones you set up yourself go to absolute by default and you have to change them manually.