Author Topic: Prod 3 Q's  (Read 10505 times)

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
Re: Prod 3 Q's
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 09:32:23 PM »
Thanks!
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 11:23:44 PM »
 You are welcome.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 03:08:16 PM »
Cambion question.  It states that half-orcs are from orc/dwarf mating and that there are a few half-orcs running around, like say the Warlord himself.  Does this mean that half-cambions only result from a cambion/'base' race coupling and would resemble the latter?  For example you wouldn't get the typical human half-orc nor a halfling beastman.

P. 60 (HARP) regarding the changing.  Should reset to 50, not level 1.

Also, the Warlord stats list him at 60" but later he is six feet.  (OK busted - I skipped ahead to look at his stats since I am not done with Lost Kingdom yet...)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 04:01:19 PM by mocking bird »
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 04:36:45 PM »
Heh.  Thanks.

Yes, there is not interspecies breeding in the Echoes of Heaven.  Cambions can exist because DEmons are a real biological species.  A half cambion has to have it's base race because biologically speaking, that's what it's mating with.

Was that clear?

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2007, 03:50:34 PM »
Yes, that was clear.

P. 48 HARP version of Corrupted Ground.  Dwarf 4 has full plate +15 that encumbers as AT 18.

Along the lines of what system you think in, looking at the typos I have found in the HARP version, I am guessing it was written after the RM version.

Almost done.  Hopefully I will get a review up over the weekend.  Depends on how much tinkering in CC3 and the Cities pack I do.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2007, 08:13:25 PM »
At the very least, I PAGEMAKE first in RM, so even if I've got the right bit in my HARP version, sometimes it doesn't get replaced right.  :)

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2007, 02:40:49 AM »
Of course, for the sake of honesty, this isn't one of those cases.  I had a HARP gentleman look at an advanced copy and point out little HARP tweaks and he e-mailed me after release to point out the same problem.  I checked the copy I sent him hoping that I could tell him it was right in his copy and it was a pagemaking error, but it wasn't.   :)  Copy and paste errors suck.  The problem, I think, is how self correcting the mind is.  Since I play both games I look at that and my mind instantly translates it to HARP stats and I don't notice it's wrong.  :)

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2007, 09:38:49 PM »
Rune casting question.  If you create a rune of the base form of the spell, can you add the scaling options to the same rune or do you have to make another one? 
Ok, two questions.  If so, can you mix midia?  As in if you have enough rune silver for the base and only regular silver for the rest, would you use the bonus of the lesser element?

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 09:45:16 PM »
I'd allow a craftsman to add on to an existing rune.  You can't mix media.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2007, 09:27:18 AM »
Would make sense - and mechanically easier.

Now this and the revived thread on circles has me thinking about how rune metals would effect CoM circles or perhaps even engraved bladerunes out of ML.

Yet another thought to add to my list of things to do - right after typing review of prod 3, Shakespearean stats, CC3 mapping, etc.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2007, 09:42:29 AM »
Ack - one more question.

What is the distance between floors in Tarukkhal?  I am just thinking later on for how much spacing for the arrow slits in the central stair or how long it would take to go from floor to floor using the lift.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2007, 04:17:47 PM »
HARP review posted - http://www.rpgnow.com/product_reviews_info.php?products_id=21471&reviews_id=15653&

You mentioned posting a review for the other systems as well.  Is it possible to reference another review in a review or just copy the main details and take out the mechanics references?   I don't know what rpgnow etiquette is.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2007, 05:23:04 PM »
I've never seen official ettiquette, but if you made it clear that you are a HARP person and that you were avoiding the mechanics, I'm sure people would be cool.  You could just like list the pretige classes or TPs and leave it at that.

As for the space between the floors, I think I said 40 or 50 feet.  I'm about to go to work but I'll look it up when I can.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2007, 07:23:53 PM »
Okay, let's make it official at 50 feet average from floor to floor, to allow for some of the taller ceilings.  I'll make that clearer when I do the sweep for typos (which might be tonight).

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2007, 09:02:23 PM »
Oh!  On your review.  Those other maps are for miniature use.  It's tough to use a product like that with miniatures when you don't know what a typical house or street or market looks like.  Just an FYI.  I'll post an author's response when I can say I resolved the typos as well.  A publisher asked me for a new novel pitch last night, but hopefully after that.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2007, 08:13:23 AM »
You did mention that the On Corrupted Ground maps were for miniature use.  I commented that when printing & binding my copy the maps were difficult to read while referencing the map for numbers rather than print it out tiled right away.  Also, I never could get the viewer to print tiled but CC3 works just fine so I stopped trying.

I will see if I can get to reviewing the RM & d20 stat portions sometime this weekend and cross-review.

Also for typos, I looked at the height of the Warlord and the ' for feet is there, it just printed up more of an accent over the 6 than as an apostrape in the next space.  It is that way for Morthron as well.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 08:20:28 AM by mocking bird »

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2007, 08:21:11 AM »
I meant the maps you said didn't fit.  :)

Thanks for the head's up on the other.  I'll look into it.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2007, 08:41:39 AM »
Ah...I was meaning the maps in Lost Kingdom didn't fit from an aesthetics point of view not that the maps themselves were out of scale.  I will see if I can edit it to clarify.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2007, 08:50:14 AM »
No worries either way.  I might have just misread.  :)

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2007, 09:13:00 AM »
FYI - Just got the e-mail from RPGnow about the updated HARP version.  Looks like you got 'em.