Author Topic: Prod 3 Q's  (Read 10507 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Prod 3 Q's
« on: March 28, 2007, 12:19:23 AM »
Is the Rune Priest a pure spell caster in RM? As I think it is to replace the clerics in RM.

MDC

Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
Re: Prod 3 Q's
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 12:25:09 AM »
Pure Channeler, yes.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 01:13:07 AM »
 Is the penalty -1 to all actions that the Dreaming inflicts?
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 01:19:40 AM »
I had slight difficulty parsing that sentence.  :)  If you're asking if the -1 penalty should be applied to all actions as opposed to some, then the answer is yes.  Any manuever at all, static or moving.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 01:27:30 AM »
 Thanks, yes that was my Q and this makes sence and adds drama and conflict to the whole adventure.

Also how about the RM spell portal and portal true and getting into the fort. IMO those should be blocked as well as teleport spells.

I probably should post all of them at once instead of as I read them.

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 02:20:44 AM »
Yes, as a general rule, magic doesn't penetrate Ulcer objects (like walls).  So that effects travel spells, forms of divination (like detect enemies), and even spells that might not require line of sight.  They can work through arrow slits, for instance, but I'd disallow ventalation shafts as too convoluted.  Use your best judgement.

You can thank HERO system for that one.  They have a spell that sees through walls that annoyed the hell out of me.  :)

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 05:05:47 PM »
Not a question really typo. 

p. 23 of the HARP Lost Kingdom (haven't checked the other versions yet). 

For more information on clans, see page XX. Also, a Dwarven proxy takes the name of an ancestor as a title. See page XX.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline GerikGnome

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 05:38:49 PM »
That's not my fault!   ;D

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 07:30:53 PM »
Dammit!  Yeah, I did a search for XX and I thought I got all of them, but I must have missed one.  Now I'm afraid that I've missed all of them in that document.  :)

Call me White Wolfe.

I already updated and uploaded because of the cover snafu (the title had been moved behind the art at some point).  I'll let some more reading time go by before I do typos, to see if any more pop out.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 08:26:45 AM »
I found another XX later as well but don't recall where.  Ah - (searchable PDF) - p. 24 on knighthood, p. 37 on ancestral tombs,

There is also something goofy with the parentheses - () or perhaps []seems to come up <<>> just about everywhere.  Largest area is in the end section of NPC stats.  Takes a little getting used to reading.

I am almost done.  Really liked the story about Kulan.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline GerikGnome

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 09:55:20 AM »
<<>> is Defendi's tag for system specific information.  They're supposed to be removed before pagemaking once all the systems are set.  I would guess some were missed, and are not actually supposed to be parentheses at all.

Some may well have been my additions as well, since I use the same convention on my editing.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 08:56:17 PM »
It looks like me last two cleanup passes didn't get saved.  The last things I do are search all docs for <<, >>, XX, and 2 spaces, then do final pagemaking corrections.  I'm guessing Part III was done last (XXs are done after everything else, for pagination reasons) and then somehow it didn't get saved when I closed.

I'll put out a fixed version after a week or two when I think little things like this have stopped comming in.  :)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 09:02:20 PM »
What is a garderobes? On Corr Grnd pg35.

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 09:33:17 PM »
It's the name for a privy in a castle.  :)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 09:37:20 PM »
 Thanks, I had thought I missed an entry on a smelly herb or a dangerous monster.

MDC

BTW, I was supprised that thier were not more reviews on RPGNow about the product.
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 10:52:28 PM »
I was wondering if you ever thought people would try and be the bad guys, trying to bring hell unto the earth instead of preventing it? If so have you prepared some special for instance orc training packages or classes to use, more information on how to handle cults and the way they are run, or will such things be posted at a later date?
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 11:46:04 PM »
 Well I finished my review but I want to sleep on it and read it tomorow before publishing it. So it should be up on the site by tomorrow night.

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 12:45:03 AM »
PiXeL01, I've thought about it, but I don't think it's appropriate to have such things so early in product line, since I think games like that would go to a very dark place very quickly.  That's why none of that is in this book.  I'm thinking about a book on the cults at a later date and maybe something that leads to PCs, but I haven't established the setting well enough to risk doing that with the IP yet.

Mark, Great!  I look forward to your thoughts.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 12:53:13 AM »
MarkC, On RPGNow.  They come in slow at first.  Most people haven't finished it yet.  Plus, more people are always excited about the FIRST product.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 08:32:14 PM »
 I thoguht I would list my review here first instead of a new thread but feel free to move it.
MDC

Disclaimer: I do not know anyone at Final Redoubt Press except for their occasional post on the Iron Crown Forums and the occasional personal email I have received in answer to a question or about a product.
  Final Redoubt Press has released its third installment; The Lost Kingdome of the Dwarves sourcebook and On Corrupt Ground an accompanying adventure for the Echoes of Heaven Campaign Setting. This installment is just like the first two products in that it provides a setting book and linked adventure. The adventure can be used as part of the ongoing series or can be played as a one shot adventure. The Lost Kingdome sourcebook can be used in any home brewed game world with a few modifications. They both are well worth the buyer?s money and a game masters time.
  The Lost Kingdom of the Dwarves is broken up into four sections, Dwarves, Orc?s, The Land and Game System Rules. The Dwarf and Orc sections talk about each races sociology, traditions, their involvement in Echoes of Heaven secret organizations, wealth and military aspects. One thing that is different from your everyday RPG is that Orcs are corrupted Dwarves. I will leave it to the setting book to tell you exactly how this happens and its game world ramifications. We all know Dwarven player characters are going to be sweating the fact that they might be corrupted by something and change into an Orc. The Land section deals with the topography, travel and climate of the Lost Kingdom. All very important subjects for the game master. The last section is specific to which version of the product you bought and it will be a D20, Harp, Rolemaster, Hero or an Open Gaming version and provide game information for your system. For example the Rolemaster version had a Dwarven Rune Priest profession, Dwarven Rune casting rules, Orc Shaman rules and two training packages.
  On Corrupt Ground continues Final Redoubt Press?s adventure series set in the Echoes of Heaven Campaign setting. The adventure is set for around four player characters of at least 9th level and can be scaled to more player characters or higher levels as necessary. I would not recommend the adventure if you have fewer than three player characters or if they are drastically lower than 9th level as there are encounters that can overwhelm a lower level party. The scope of the adventure is fairly epic in nature and has far reaching global game world consequences.
  All in all I greatly enjoyed The Lost Kingdome of the Dwarves and the adventure On Corrupt Ground and it is an important sourcebook for the Echoes of Heaven Campaign Setting. The strength of the product lies in its ability to be adaptable to almost any system, which is evident by the four different release versions. In the first two products I was very impressed by the scope of the material and its presentation, but I did not get that impression in this installment. Also after reading the sourcebook I felt like their should have been more material presented in various areas, more specific rules and rulings for Rolemaster and the book a rushed feel to me. Do not get me wrong as I feel the material is important to the Echoes of Heaven setting but the material just did not live up to the standards that the first two products set. If I had to grade the Kingdome of the Dwarves it would get a C+ or a B- but the first two in the series would get an A- to an A.
Mark D Carlson
Role Play not Roll Play.