Author Topic: OIC membership  (Read 19225 times)

Offline ictus

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Even in the face of Armageddon......
    • RealRoleplaying
Re: OIC membership
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2008, 07:54:37 AM »
nice use of the logo kfg...

You can Vote for rpgRM here: http://www.rpggateway.com/cgi-bin/wyrm/rate.cgi?ID=11535
"White space is to be regarded as an active element, not a passive background" ...Jan Tschichold

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Kentucky Fried Gamers
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2008, 08:46:33 PM »
Thank you, thank you very much.
Life is like a dogsled team, unless you are the lead dog, the view never changes.

Offline MidKnight

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • That which you cannot see CAN hurt you.
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2008, 01:49:25 PM »
I've been away for a while, but I've always considered myself OIC since I took it upon myself to convert the D&D crowd over to MERP then RMSS then RMFRP then to try HARP.

Combat Companion will hopefully be our next adoption project.

Perhaps I should look into one of those spiffy OIC logo thingies...maybe the OIC symbol centered in a Black Shield with Silver edging trim...wanders away pondering.

Offline Karizma

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2008, 11:16:05 PM »
As a spontaneous member of the Order of the Iron Crown, I knight myself official unofficial member!

I don't use the forums as much as I should, but it's hard to drag myself here when I have little to bring to the e-table; I don't have a gaming group yet.  I've been working on reworking the magic system to my liking (while maintaining the overarching concepts of Realms and Elements).

As for joining the Order, I'm the lackey college student who's enthusiastic, but has little power for action; I can't make it to any conventions or such similar things.

But everyone I've talked to about roleplaying has "Iron Crown Enterprises" engraved in his/her brain.  'Twas a bloody affair, but worthwhile!

Offline Viktyr Gehrig

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Head Full of Angry Bees
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2008, 03:37:58 AM »
1 - Gaming Days / Conferences - Getting involved in either organizing or playing in such events.
2 - Resource Development - Designing adventures, monsters, conversions, etc. to expand the quick and easy to use application of Iron Crown products.  This can easily dovetail with #1 in that creating introductory adventures and premade characters can then be used in game days and conferences.
3 - Internet Presence - Internet banner exchanges, newsletter, webpage, etc.

So does that mean the Cloven Fruit guys are covered?

Offline Fenrhyl Wulfson

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2008, 05:38:47 AM »
All right, i am taking up the banner for the reconqu?te of the french lands that fell to the foul tirany of dragons hidden in dungeons. Jeanne be with me.

Montjoie, Saint-Denis !

*charges alone into a mass of wizards near a coast, Azincourt style*

Offline jolt

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »
Just so you know, I haven't forgotten about this.  I've been trying to get the FLGS's in my area to stock ICE for ages now with, I admit, no success.  The biggest problem for me is that miniatures are still the "big thing" up here rather than rpg's.  It isn't as GW dominated as it used to be but it's still there.  People are too busy playing GW stuff, AT-43, Star Wars minis and Monsterpocalypse to bother with any rpg.  Even D&D 4E is only played regularly at one store.  But I keep trying.

jolt
"Logic will take you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere." ~Einstein

Offline ictus

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • RealRoleplaying
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2008, 01:10:57 PM »
All right, i am taking up the banner for the reconqu?te of the french lands that fell to the foul tirany of dragons hidden in dungeons. Jeanne be with me.

Montjoie, Saint-Denis !

*charges alone into a mass of wizards near a coast, Azincourt style*

the French lost that little skirmish...

You can Vote for rpgRM here: http://www.rpggateway.com/cgi-bin/wyrm/rate.cgi?ID=11535
"White space is to be regarded as an active element, not a passive background" ...Jan Tschichold

Offline ictus

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • RealRoleplaying
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2008, 01:52:15 PM »
and jolt.. I know what you mean... it would be hard to effect a change in these harsh times, but maybe if we did something new and different results could happen...

Offline jolt

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2008, 02:06:26 PM »
and jolt.. I know what you mean... it would be hard to effect a change in these harsh times, but maybe if we did something new and different results could happen...

I wish I could think of something new to try.  One of the game store owners is a good friend of mine and even he won't budge.  RPG's are what you stock after you stock everything else (apparently).  Even games like GURP's, Shadowrun, and Hero System which have all been at least moderately successful and have been around for awhile are only lightly stocked and slowly replenished.

Unfortunately, and this is all me, is that the only day I can really run demos and whatnot for stores is Saturday; and even then only sometimes.  But Saturdays are their heaviest minis day so that makes it tougher.  Sunday is only rarely good and any worknight is right out.

I originally thought the decline in GW sales would be a boon for RPG's but other games, like Heroclix for one, just moved in and filled up the gap.  I'll keep plugging away but I'm at my wits end as to what else to try.  It would be nice if I had even one other person supporting me but I don't.  Oh well, that's life.

jolt
"Logic will take you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere." ~Einstein

Offline ictus

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • RealRoleplaying
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2008, 04:20:31 PM »
I have some ideas in the pipeline, no point chatting about them till I have them right in my head, but watch this space...

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2008, 06:04:11 PM »
I'm in.

Really, I guess I've been in for decades. Most of my adult life I've been telling gamers that when you're tired of cookie cutter gaming, try RM. Now that my son is grown, he's doing it as well.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2009, 01:13:44 AM »
I volunteer/nominate myself. I'll hit myself over the head with the queen's sword if I need too.  ;D

Offline mistrornge

• Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2012, 10:32:31 AM »
Also would like to put my name forward.
GMing RMFRP in Forgotten Realms
Charles Morris

Offline OmegaRogue

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2012, 12:33:59 PM »
As for what help you can give....

* Run Rolemaster, HARP, SM or any other games made by Iron Crown at conferences, conventions and game days.
* Have your local gaming group (or internet group) do their roleplaying using these systems.
* Act as a living advertisement for these gaming systems

We are still working out some issues to make the first part easier and more effective for everyone.  The second part is completely up to you and your gaming group.

Ideas for achieving the third part:
* Submit resources (adventures, NPC's, add-on's, etc.) to one of the storage sites - such as ICE's vault or one of the linked sites.
* Submit articles to The Guild Companion
* Use whatever web presence you can to help bring more gamers to Iron Crown products.
     Forums on this and other sites
     Links to this and other sites
     Product Reviews on this and other sites

There are also a lot of other things that can be done. This is an informal group. Welcome.

I know I am a member ... therefore I am a member ... lol

... I have done virtually everything in that quoted listing [with the exception of the GC part (only cause its new to the scene from my perspective)] - I was listed as DM extrodinare and Evil GM on most all my submissions to ICE and I even wrote for the Gryphon World pdf series [although it never got published I think (but I still have the articles :) )] ...

... the only thing immediate thing I can think of as being slack at ... is ... the forums (never been real big on the whole "virtual socializing" thing ... dont even have a facebook lol ...

... but I am in too ... and as can be seem I DO check in once in a while [usually just to read at this moment] ...
AKA D.G.
LOTRO - ICE(RMSS/SMSS/HARP) - GW - what else do ya need?

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
  • Ask me about the Rolemastery blog.
    • My homepage
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2013, 03:34:09 AM »
Resurrecting this thread (ain't I a stinker? ;) ), is there still room for a mod for the OIC board? If so, to whom do I speak?

And yes, I am a member.
Formerly: ghyle.

Rolemastery blog: http://rolemastery.blogspot.com.au/

Offline JUNKdeLUXE

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2013, 05:05:03 AM »
Not sure if I'm a member yet, but I'm aspiring to be!

I havn't gone to any Cons in Denmark, but our gaming group have been playing and praising Rolemaster since we first started playing some 15-20 years ago.

Over the years, we've tried other, lesser, tabletop games, but RM is where our heart is.

At the moment we're trying to break into the indie gaming scene, and Rolemaster is stated as the highest source of inspiration. Hopefully this will help steer the lost sheep back into the fold.
Why procrastinate today when you can do it tomorrow?

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
    • My homepage
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2013, 05:39:48 AM »
I'd say you were already a member, since you've been praising it for decades. :)

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2013, 06:43:32 AM »
Order of the Iron Crown (OIC) was originally created as a concept by the fans with the intent to help spread the word about Iron Crown games.  It tried to exist away from the Iron Crown site, but as it did not want to draw fans away from ICE, but rather to ICE - OIC  was moved to the Iron Crown forums.    We're not quite ready to share the details of the new OIC, but it is coming (and soon...)

The folks at Aurigas Aldebaron understand the value of a grassroots following needing to help it grow into full global fandom.  We will recognize it, encourage it, and support it.  Look for more news over the next month or so...
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
    • My homepage
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2013, 06:45:55 AM »
Thank you, Thom!

Any way I may assist you, feel free to PM me, email me, whatsoever, and I'll do what I can to help.