Author Topic: Maps in CC3  (Read 5207 times)

Offline Dr. Joe

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Maps in CC3
« on: December 14, 2006, 01:34:17 PM »
Hi all,

has anyone experienced problems with the CC3 versions of the maps in EoH? I have CC3 (and since yesterday, DD3  ;D). When I look at the maps, I see some white spaces with a red X in them in some of them? Looks like missing bitmaps?

I had the same in the surface level of Stanor Monastery, but when I downloaded the missing tree image, everything looked right.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
Re: Maps in CC3
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 01:41:03 PM »
Yes, those are missing bitmaps or symbols.  Which maps?  If you have the monestary working, I can only imagine its the overland maps, which means you don't seem to have the symbols where it's expecting them.  Make sure you've installed the Racial Structures symbols.  If that doesn't work, send me a PM with your e-mail.  I'll mail you and you can send me a screenshot.

Do you have CC3 in the default path?
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline Dr. Joe

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 01:55:23 PM »
Okay, much better. I had copied the Racial Structures into the wrong place...RTFM. Now most of the overland stuff is perfect, too.  :)

There are still problems (all maps except Stanor Monastery) with background bitmaps  - I think.  ???

What difference would it make if CC3 is in the default path?

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 04:51:02 PM »
If you have it installed in a different place and the path to the bitmap is absolute, it won't find them.

I sent you an e-mail.  Send me those images and your cc3 path (I forgot to mention that in the e-mail.)  It should be a jiffy to fix.

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 04:56:12 PM »
I am having the same problem.  Can you shoot me a copy of those directions as well?
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline Grafton

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 09:51:50 PM »
Hi Defendi,

Got a new computer with Vista, reinstalled CC2 and CC3, kept default locations. I am also seeing red x areas and maps that look strange. I'm pretty sure there are symbol files I need for the products? I was looking at product 1 as a test.

A suggestion would be to post a sticky concerning CC3 maps - where symbols are, where you can find them, where they need to be, etc.

Appreciate any help you can provide. Good Luck, Grafton

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 10:09:02 PM »
Hmm.  That's a good idea.  I'm at work now, so if what I say here fixes things, can you toss me a PM reminding me of the sticky?

In your original download file there is a directory . . . I don't know the path off hand, but It will be under the main directory for Final Redoubt Press.  It might be called symbols, or it might be under another directory, then under symbols.  It should be obvious, and the information should be in your CC Readme files.  Anyway you just copy the content of your symbols directory in the download into the symbols directory of you CC2 or 3.  After that, they should show up without any problems.  Its all in the CC REadme file.

If those vague instructions don't help, kick this back to me and I'll look at it tonight when I get home.  I'm just talking out of memory.

Offline Grafton

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 06:27:48 PM »
Well, Vista defeated me so I took it back and got my money returned. I thought I could work with it being ok with computers... guess not.

So back to the old computer and XP. The sticky idea is a good one, just to remind everyone about what needs to be done.