Author Topic: Necromancer +10 to attack spells as a Talent?  (Read 898 times)

Offline RobinSteZ

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Necromancer +10 to attack spells as a Talent?
« on: November 14, 2021, 05:29:12 AM »
Looking for some help on naming and cost for a potential new talent.

As described in College of Magics, Necromancers have a professional ability of +10 bonus to all Attack spells. Also wondering if there is  a reason why this is not a talent. But what if it is, what would be a good name for this talent and what would the cost for this talent be?

Offline Radimon

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Necromancer +10 to attack spells as a Talent?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 01:30:58 PM »
Personally, I would probably call it Incarnation of Death or some similarly chuuni term. That said, the bonus is similar to the focused eloquence (lesser) talent, although you might need to adjust the cost based upon the total number of spells to which it applies. Further, this is not the only class ability that isn't directly translatable to a talent. The monk's multiattack benefit is a good example. I don't really think the necromancer's attack spell bonus needs to be turned into a talent, though. This is their baby, the one thing that defines them as unique among other mages (aside from just spell lists). There's no real need to steal that from them. If you really feel you absolutely can't do without it, just dip a single level with additional profession and take the attack spell bonus as your optional benefit. Then, assuming you're a mage class already, you can drop 25 points to get arcane circle (necromancer). If you're some other spellcasting class you can take arcane circle (necromancer) instead.
Murphy's Law says 'Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.'

I think Murphy was an incurable optimist.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Necromancer +10 to attack spells as a Talent?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 07:27:58 PM »
Pretty sure you have to take Arcane Power if you're not a mage variant. My current recall is that Arcane Circle was limited to mage professions. While I could take a quick peek, that's how I'm currently remembering it.
#LotorAllura2024