Author Topic: RMSS to RMC conversion - Everyman, Occpational and Restrcited skills  (Read 862 times)

Offline Carl Layton

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Hello,
I am trying to convert RMSS Talent Law to RMC. Various of the talents described allow characters to develop skills as 'Everyman' skills. Is there an official ruling on how to convert/handle Everyman, Occupational and restricted skills for Rolemaster Classic?
Thanks,
Carl

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
Re: RMSS to RMC conversion - Everyman, Occpational and Restrcited skills
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 07:13:02 AM »
I guess there is no official ruling on this. If you compare the skill bonus of a skill with normal development with a skill categorized as Everyman, then you will see that for a wide range - from about 5 to 50 ranks - the skill bonus of the Everyman skill is about 20 +-5 higher than the normal skill. Therefore you could simply convert the Everyman skill categorization to a flat +20 skill bonus. An Occupational skill then would give a +30 bonus, while a Restricted skill would give -20 to the skill.

Offline netbat

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 08:47:29 AM »
Since they are talents, why not just leave them as described in RMSS? I would probably increase the talent cost to reflect the different progression if that was the case. Alternatively you could go with Everyman gets you 3 ranks for 2 and Occ doubles ranks purchased.
There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away -
                                                   Emily Dickenson

Offline Tywyll

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 04:41:17 AM »
Hello,
I am trying to convert RMSS Talent Law to RMC. Various of the talents described allow characters to develop skills as 'Everyman' skills. Is there an official ruling on how to convert/handle Everyman, Occupational and restricted skills for Rolemaster Classic?
Thanks,
Carl

Sorry for necroing this...did you ever finish this task? Would you be willing to share?