Author Topic: era software  (Read 1544 times)

Offline GamemasterAlf

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
era software
« on: June 06, 2021, 09:07:22 PM »
Picked up the era software and several modules

I cannot get it to run

I have a folder with era on it and the era server says something is missing

Any suggestions
Rather crappy that the Read Me does not even explain how to start the program

Offline Boromir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: era software
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 02:52:31 AM »
As fellow users, we need a bit more info in order to help you.  From the installation instructions:
Go to the ERA directory and run either "ERA-RMC.exe" or "ERA-RMFRP.exe" depending on your ruleset.
So when you double-click on the correct one of these two executables, what is your error message?  The correct behaviour is a pop-up window should appear indicating the server has started, and your default browser should open the web interface.  It's from this interface that you then install the extra rulesets you purchased.

Offline Boromir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 04:42:42 AM »

Offline GamemasterAlf

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 07:57:00 PM »
Thanks for the pointers

Looks like it extracted into the download folder  as I had not edited and it was mixed in with the zip files
 Had challenges adding more books but eventually got them loaded in as well

Still a little clunky to set up in my mind,  and I still am not sure on how it all works together
I intentionally avoided the software when it first came out so I would not have the start up challenges
but it does not seem to have been made any easier  as I had hoped

I guess I will have to read through a lot of the posts to see what I have to do to get the program operational for my needs

Thanks again

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 10:11:41 AM »
You can also do get quick answers to your question on the era-for-rolemaster channel at the ICE Discord Server https://discord.gg/65TCJmJ

Offline GamemasterAlf

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 08:49:35 PM »
I have been unable to add characters I have already generated into the system
It does not save when I create characters in the system - (hoping to be able to modify them afterward to an actual character)
The software is not intuitive by any means and the help menus do not explain some of the handling you have to do on the screen to get each section to work - nor what is wrong when you go to save at the end - just something might not be set up right
I am sorry I actually put some money into this
I will go back to my original hand made combat spreadsheet although I now have to update it to the newer version of excel I upgraded to
I was expecting something that worked better than my excel sheet - it was not

Offline Boromir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 05:29:40 AM »
Did you watch the all training videos to help you learn how it works?  Yes, it is a bit complicated, but then so is Rolemaster many gamers say, and as a user I think ERA does a remarkably good job, and I am very happy with the level to which I can modify things and get it to do what I want.  It takes time to learn it, and that was impossible until I watched all the videos, and in some cases more than once and in slow-mo.  I for one am very happy that I spent my money on it, and have devoted weeks to understanding, using and modifying it.

To save a character, you click on the "Server" button next to "Save" (because it uses a client-server implementation, and you are saving it to your server).  If you click "File", you can save it out to a separate file name.  It's all in the videos.

Offline jherren

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2021, 01:37:24 PM »
I have just downloaded and installed ERA base software and the following add-ons...
ERA_-_RMC_Arms_Law-20Jan20.zip
ERA-RMCCharacterLaw-09mar21.zip
ERA-RMCCreatures-09mar21.zip
ERA_-_RMC_Spell_Law-4thJun2017.zip
And am getting the attached error when I run the software...
Each time I try to run it it replicates the error so now there are 4 of the same error.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2021, 02:00:48 PM »
Hi jherren, thanks for using ERA!
The attachments in the forum can take forever to be approved, so please send the error messages/screenshots to the support account: era-support.voriigkye@recursor.net
You can also ask questions and send files at the era-for-rolemaster channel in the official ICE Discord server: https://t.co/Kky3nBSesj?amp=1