Author Topic: Complete Skill Descriptions in Rolemaster Companion II  (Read 854 times)

Offline PeerIntoChxTendies

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Complete Skill Descriptions in Rolemaster Companion II
« on: March 19, 2021, 02:37:39 PM »
On page 23 of RMCII under the skill "Administration" there is a sentence Refer: 3.5 Secondary Skills, FL, pg 12.

Can someone tell me where 3.5 Secondary Skills, FL, pg 12. is?  What is FL?

Thanks!

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Complete Skill Descriptions in Rolemaster Companion II
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 03:02:35 PM »
FL made me think of Future Law, so that sounded kinda Spacemaster, right?
Then I saw that Advanced Math says to check "3.48 Scientific Skills, FL pg 11"...even more suspicious.

Turns out, I have an old scan of the rules in Spacemaster first edition, where 3.48 is Scientific Skills and 3.5 is Secondary skills.

Since other skills in RMCII point to secondary skills in Character Law, I'd guess the content will be the same, only that they forgot to change that reference in those skills.

I read both and it makes more sense to consider RMCI section 4.3 for all of them, it's just an explanation of that is a secondary skill.

Offline PeerIntoChxTendies

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 03:05:34 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 03:11:18 PM »
Yes, the Companion II description just reiterates the description from Spacemaster, only adding a sentence that seems designed to help adapt the skill to a fantasy setting. It adds, 'Also useful in gaining public office and applying governmental power.'
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle