Author Topic: Director's Briefing - October 2020  (Read 1839 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - October 2020
« on: October 04, 2020, 12:14:42 PM »
Welcome

To the one hundred-and-twelfth Briefing and tenth Briefing of 2020. A little delayed as the first week of our teaching semester was more hectic than usual as we tried to deliver teaching both face-to-face and online, and keep staff and students safe. We sincerely hope that you and yours are still staying safe and managing as best you can in these trying circumstances.

Virtually Dragonmeet?

The runes for Dragonmeet are suggesting very strongly that Dragonmeet as a physical convention will not be possible this year. There are plans in progress for a potential virtual convention, so we are awaiting news on the format and what things will be possible for publishers and fans alike.

HARP and HARP SF

Following on from last month’s inventory of the great manuscript hoard, Terry is still working on HARP Subterfuge with the tables taking somewhat longer than Terry had hoped. It is looking like it could end up at 300 pages or so, so this will be worth the wait. HARP Bestiary is obviously nudging all our elbows, awaiting its turn in the queue. Colin has completed his sweep through HARP Beyond the Veil in order to produce the artwork list so he will be contacting our legion of artists to achieve artwork allocation. More images have been arriving for HARP Garden of Rain.

Shadow World

There was a sensible suggestion on the forums of extracting the City of The Dead from the Emer IV sourcebook. This should enable us to get Emer IV completed sooner and allow Terry to write up the mega-dungeon that is City of the Dead as an adventure module or location book.

As part of the Shadow World HARP Handbook, Bruce Meyer has completed a first draft of a Spell Sphere for Shadow World Monks. This does beg the question of what we would call spell-using Monks given the profession name of Monk is associated with a non-spell user version utilising Chi skills in HARP at the moment. Suggestions welcomed here.

Brian Hanson’s The Priest-King of Shade is at the head of the editing queue (awaiting completion of the editing of Treasure Law) and will only be pushed back if Creature Law arrives in my inbox before I start Priest-King.

RMU

I think there has been a little confusion over the black&white versus colour choice with regard to RMU. If we opt for colour, then we could easily publish the RMU rulebooks in both standard and premium colour (as we have done with the Shadow World Player Guide and HARP SF Xtreme). There is a modest amount of extra layout work to create a premium variant in addition to a standard colour variant and a second set of proof masters to check, but that’s it.

With regard to editing of RMU, I am currently a third of the way through Treasure Law with no significant issues discovered so far.

Until next time

My hope for this month is to complete the editing pass on RMU Treasure Law with an appropriate interruption to check the pdf master of HARP Subterfuge as soon as it comes my way from Terry.

Please stay safe.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline B Hanson

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Rolemasterblog
Re: Director's Briefing - October 2020
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 01:37:41 PM »
Monastic?
www.RolemasterBlog.com
Other stuff I've written: https://tinyurl.com/yxrjjmzg
Files Uploaded: https://tinyurl.com/y47cfcrc

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 02:32:49 PM »
Disciple? Mystical Monk?
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 07:49:04 PM »
Or maybe just Mystic (if there isnt a HARP class called that)?
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline tbigness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 09:29:21 PM »
Martial Adept
Knowledge is unimagined Power

Offline terefang

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 03:21:49 AM »
I'd swallow cthulhu whole, with sushi and soy-sauce.

Currently: [BME] [FitD]
Legacy: [d6] [Genesys] [ArsMagicka] [MERP] [HARP] [Ubiquity] [d20] [WoD] [SR] [WHFRP] [WOIN/O.L.D.] [RM2/C]