Author Topic: ERA Request  (Read 1214 times)

Offline zzMannyzz

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ERA Request
« on: June 29, 2020, 08:11:09 AM »
Hi,

I recently purchased ERA plus all the modules. Thanks so much for putting this together for RM diehards like myself.

In order to try and add the Spacemaster Psychic categories and skills I've had a good play around with the XML files and managed to add custom categories, skills and professions. I managed to get almost all of it working except for the Mind Point Development ... there does not appear to be a way to specify a new realm development cost that a custom race can pick up.

Would you be willing to patch the software to allow optional incorporation of some of the Spacemaster features for RMFRP/SS?

Failing that, can you please give an option to add a new custom realm of power (or explain what I've done wrong).

Thanks in advance,
Manny

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA Request
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 07:37:01 PM »
I see from what you say here that you got even further that in the mail you sent to the support account. Congrats!
Custom realms can be added but require some effort for now.
  • Add a new file for your realm in the ERA/RMFRP/Configuration/Realms directory
  • Declare that as the Realm for your profession in its corresponding file (you can try it by making a copy of the magician file provided and change <Realm name="Essence" /> to the name given to your realm. Optionally, if you want to use an existing profession but choose the new realm, use the Customize button next to the profession name in the corresponding step in the character creation process.
  • The power point progression will be listed as 0/0/0/0/0 because there is no support for custom realms in the races (I promise to look into that). So for now you must manually change the progression in the character sheet file.
    You must add a new section called powerPointProgression, it can go right next to bodyDevelopmentProgression. So for example you can enter <powerPointProgression progression="0/3/2/2/1"></powerPointProgression>
  • That's it! Ranks in power point development will use that progression next time you load the character. Also the realm will now be listed among the resistances, even in the printable character sheet.

Let us know if that worked out, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.
Thanks for using ERA!

Offline zzMannyzz

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 10:08:59 AM »
Thanks for getting back to me, that worked just great.

Sorry to be a pain but one last request .... is it possible to add in Mind Point Development (I can manually add the category and skill) to support use of the Spacemaster Psychic skills ?

It is essentially an extra realm, not hybrid, which would exist alongside any spell realm. It would need it's own tracking value "Mind Points" which would be linked to the skill Mind Point Development skill total, similar to how PP and Hits work on the main character sheet page e.g.

Level: 22
Hits:   299
Power Points: 41
Mind Points: 23
Realm: Mentalism
Body Progression: 0-11-9-7-5
Power Progression: 0-7-6-5-4
Mind Progression: 0-6-5-4-3

Hope that makes sense, and thanks again for your awesome work.

Cheers,
Manny

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 04:39:27 PM »
I think I understand what you need, but it's way off what the system can handle right now.
To make the number of progressions and their presentation on the character sheet as separate concepts, a valid customization, and also allow races to mention a custom progression, I'd need to tweak many things that are not supposed to be tweaked, at least in the current version.
It could be done... I can only promise to keep it in my head and see if at some point it can be done, or at least make it easier to add something similar.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 10:55:59 PM »
The version released today allows RMFRP races to declare power point progression for custom realms.
Just add
<REALMNAMEPowerPointProgression progression="PROGRESSION"></REALMNAMEPowerPointProgression>
for example
<MindowerPointProgression progression="0/6/5/4/3"></MindPowerPointProgression>

Offline Ginger McMurray

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 08:51:54 AM »
This, sir, is proof that you rock. Thanks!
No pre-written adventure survives contact with the GM.