Author Topic: Combat Minion License recovery  (Read 1716 times)

Offline gandalf970

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Combat Minion License recovery
« on: August 12, 2019, 04:48:17 PM »
How do I get my license back?  I haven't played in a long time and I lost the email.  I purchased all the RMSS stuff at drivethru, but now I need my license.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
Re: Combat Minion License recovery
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 01:46:45 AM »
How do I get my license back?  I haven't played in a long time and I lost the email.  I purchased all the RMSS stuff at drivethru, but now I need my license.

I believe you can go back to DrivethruRPG and it will be listed as a product you have already purchased. Download it again and the license should be in the email you receive.

Offline Aspire2Hope

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Rediscovering the Joys of MERP
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 09:23:57 AM »
@merkir I am trying to find a copy of the licence key (for some reason I deleted my purchase one at some point without realising it).

This post is to flag up that:

The above method isn't working on DriveThru all you get is the PDF of the instructions to download. If you follow the basket route the site will want full price. In reality, given the use I get out of the app I'm cool with doing that if it becomes necessary.

I'm going to see what DriveThru do and will post a response.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 02:02:00 AM »
@merkir I am trying to find a copy of the licence key (for some reason I deleted my purchase one at some point without realising it).

This post is to flag up that:

The above method isn't working on DriveThru all you get is the PDF of the instructions to download. If you follow the basket route the site will want full price. In reality, given the use I get out of the app I'm cool with doing that if it becomes necessary.

I'm going to see what DriveThru do and will post a response.

Hi Aspire, I just logged into DriveThruRPG to check the process.

The simple solution is, make sure you're logged in and just "purchase" the product again. If it's already in your library, it will be purchased again for $0.00 and you will get an email with your license key. I just did this myself and received the email.

Offline Aspire2Hope

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 11:26:38 AM »
Yeah I did that and it didn't work - I currently have DriveThru looking into it. The Tech Team are on it :) I will let you know what happens. It might be as a result of the merger.

Offline Aspire2Hope

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 11:12:58 AM »
So the good news is that DriveThru support will dig through the records and recover the licence key for you. A note is placed on your order so should be a quicker recovery if you need it later.

Offline Aspire2Hope

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 08:11:12 AM »
Ok lovely people at DriveThru recovered the licence and key from before the merger but I can't get the web app to accept the key. Now there is already a browser running with the original key on my Mac so its not my IP address and I have two machines running and two different browsers on the same machine. I'm at a loss as to what has gone wrong - any ideas? @merkir

Offline Aspire2Hope

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 02:40:13 PM »
and just an update to say thanks to Nicholas for sorting a replacement key.