Author Topic: Director's Briefing- April 2019  (Read 2627 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing- April 2019
« on: April 06, 2019, 02:50:54 PM »
Welcome

To the ninety-fifth Briefing and fourth scheduled Briefing of 2019.

Licenses

The contract with our new Spanish partners has been formally signed so we can look forward to seeing HARP in Spanish in the future.

Negotiations are underway regarding the German license for Rolemaster.

I have a specific license to write for a science-fiction setting.

RMU

Aaron has managed to update the entire creature stats spreadsheet that underpins RMU Creature Law. He is also still sane. He will now be proceeding into propagating all those changes into the Creature Law drafts.

HARP Fantasy and HARP SF

I have completed my review of the first draft of HARP Beyond the Veil. Lots of really great material in that sourcebook. Naturally I have my editorial list of corrections, suggested additions, and changes so they will be winging their way to Jon very shortly.

I continue to shuttle between manuscripts in the editing queue – currently in HARP SF The Poseidon Gambit.

Shadow World

Terry took a timeout from Haalkitaine to finish off a mini-adventure, entitled The Haunted Village. I have already edited it and so will be commissioning the RMSS/FRP stats very soon.

Until next time

The next scheduled Briefing will be in May 2019

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd

Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing- April 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 04:34:53 PM »
Thanks for the briefing!

RMU

Aaron has managed to update the entire creature stats spreadsheet that underpins RMU Creature Law. He is also still sane. He will now be proceeding into propagating all those changes into the Creature Law drafts.

Great to hear!

One thing I only bring up because it is the sort of thing one might want to think about at the moment the whole spreadsheet is being updated: will the final stat block have a way of differentiating melee from missile DB? With passive Running ranks not working against missile weapons, we need a way of figuring out the missile DB; I currently can't tell what many creatures' DB is against missile.

Shadow World

Terry took a timeout from Haalkitaine to finish off a mini-adventure, entitled The Haunted Village. I have already edited it and so will be commissioning the RMSS/FRP stats very soon.

Might this adventure be given RMU stats as well?
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Finlos

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 06:06:14 PM »
Welcome

RMU

This is excellent news!  I hope this results in a reasonably quick translation from updated spreadsheet to finished product.

Offline Felros

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 02:10:24 PM »
May we know which company is behind this spanish HARP edition? Or maybe it´s too soon to tell?

Offline Soulcleave

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 07:27:39 PM »
Ya know, it is remarkable how much the "Happydance" resembles the "Loonydance"  but then,  I don't have a lot of ranks in "Dance Lore" so I could be way off.
Yes, it is true.  I am a figment of my Imagination.