Forum > Conventions & Conferences

Gen Con 2017 - 50th anniversary

<< < (4/5) > >>

Cory Magel:
I've used these two sites in the past. Very helpful in tracking down what you want to register for.

http://gencon.highprogrammer.com/gencon-2017.cgi/

http://gencon.eventdb.us/

Cory Magel:
Well, registration done.  This year made up for the last time I went (three years back) where I only got one of the dozen or so events I wanted.  Got all but one this time.  Very happy about it.  Going to have a pretty full schedule however.

I have both of these but haven't played them much.  X-Wing I pretty much bought for RPG props, but I figure I might as well get a play in at Gen Con to see if I like the base game (and I don't have to read the rules now!).  Imperial Assault was bought for the board(war)gaming firstly, but using the mini's in RPGs will be nice.  The quality on them is pretty good.  Just got to get some painted.  That'll happen in... um... retirement probably.
- Imperial Assault Miniature Game (Free For All Style)
- X-Wing Miniature Game

So, I have some of these minis.  Several of the WWII planes and a good amount of the ships.  Again, the ships were bought mainly for props in RPGs or replacement pieces for boardgames (got a really good deal at Gen Con 47 on them).  But I've played both these at Gen Con before and (mostly) had fun, so I'm going to do them again.
- Sails of Glory Miniature Game
- Wings of Glory Miniature Game

Circus Imperium is one of those games I've always been keeping an eye out for.  A reprint was Kickstarted recently, but I really didn't like the look of the campaign, so I passed on it.  If I had a 'holy grail' game this would probably be it.  But... I've never actually played it.  So now I get to see if I absolutely have to find it or if it'll come off the wish-list.
- Circus Imperium Board Game (if I can wake up)

Normally I won't play RPGs at Gen Con.  Boardgames I really need to PLAY to get a good feel for if I'd like them, but RPGs I'm often happy enough to just show up, watch character creation (or handout and explanation) and a bit of the play and I'll know if I'll like it.  However I've been wanting to try out both 7th Sea and the newest Star Wars RPGs.  Managed to get a 7th Sea slot, but no dice on the Star Wars one.  There are still some open, but they conflict with stuff I want to play more.
- 7th Sea RPG

Pretty simple.  Have always wanted to try out Paranoia, but never had the chance.  Seems like it would be rather fun.  Every single Gen Con I've been to (up to now) it has always sold out before I could snag a slot though.  Going to be a long Friday... Circus Imperium 8am, stuff between, and Paranoia ends at 1am.  Have just about enough time for lunch and diner, I think.
- Paranoia RPG

Good number of seminars I'll probably hit too, but those rarely sell out and I know I can just drop in on them.

DavidProphet:
So having missed out on a number of events that I really wanted to do, I'm considering running a 4-hour RMC game at the Con. 

I emailed about joining the Order of the Iron Crown a few months ago but didn't hear back.  I assume I can arrange a game independently?  Has anyone done this before?

Cory Magel:
I ran a two round event way way back using RM as the basis for a chariot race without any of the former ICE's support (this was 15+ years ago).  Although I created my own attack and critical tables it was based on the RM system. 

You should be able to simply submit an event to Gen Con (do this before new event submission closes) independently here:
https://www.gencon.com/event_registrations/new

I imagine ICE would be happy to provide some kind of support however.  Just need to get their attention.

Thom @ ICE:

--- Quote from: DavidProphet on May 29, 2017, 11:05:05 AM ---So having missed out on a number of events that I really wanted to do, I'm considering running a 4-hour RMC game at the Con. 

I emailed about joining the Order of the Iron Crown a few months ago but didn't hear back.  I assume I can arrange a game independently?  Has anyone done this before?

--- End quote ---

David,
I will update you to show as OIC.... and I will flag you to Colin and he can help you out with the con itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version