Author Topic: HARP Bestiary uncertainty countdown  (Read 18086 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: HARP Bestiary uncertainty countdown
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 02:01:53 PM »
I will be buying all HARP expansions in both PDF and dead tree format. That's part of the reason I'm resistant of yet another printing. There comes a time in life when one has to ask "why am I buying the same game again?".
#LotorAllura2024

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 02:15:08 PM »
I am currently trapped by semester 1 marking. Once I clear my marking and the associated admin, my weekends and evenings should normalise, and I can get on with stat blocks and indeed commissioning the new art required. 

Somerhing Wicked should be easier for me to complete than Bestiary has been. I cannot do complex spreadsheets on my tablet apps but Wicked only needs very simple spreadsheets for spells and rituals and those I can do on tablet and hence in train time, and I can write text on the train easily.

(Answering forum queries is hard work on a phone with iffy 3G/4G.)

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 02:17:26 PM »
I will be buying all HARP expansions in both PDF and dead tree format. That's part of the reason I'm resistant of yet another printing. There comes a time in life when one has to ask "why am I buying the same game again?".

We don't have any plans for new printings. There's not enough errata to justify it.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 12:52:17 PM »
Nicholas,

Thanks for the update.   :)
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2017, 10:24:23 PM »
I'm actually looking forward to more Battle Demons than the rank and file from the core.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline ralatorr

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2017, 04:42:25 PM »
I am a player who has a cleric of a god of life and death, and my gm has been on me about not being able to use my summon undead spell as we don't "officially" have anything that is lv 15-20(my character is level 10 now btw). I cannot wait to see what happens in the new monster manual hell I would be happy to help with any equations or making a program to compute the stats of attacks and such. x.x i just need the undead in my life. zombie army ftw!!!

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2017, 01:59:26 PM »
Staked the bloodsucking Vampires. Wraiths next and then I'm done with this Undead chapter.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2017, 02:17:26 PM »
Staked the bloodsucking Vampires. Wraiths next and then I'm done with this Undead chapter.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Awesome! I hope there is the possibility we will see this book this year!!
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2017, 03:34:49 PM »
Undead chapter is now completed.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2017, 03:12:32 PM »
Cool.  Can't wait for this to come out!  Thanks for the update Nicholas.
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline trechriron

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 12:22:08 AM »
Yes, this will be an amazing addition to the library! Looking forward to it.
Trentin C Bergeron (TreChriron)
Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2017, 03:17:13 PM »
Working on the stat blocks for the Elementals in an assembly line process, so doing 72 stat blocks in parallel (hence the word DONE has not started appearing against any of them yet)

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline trechriron

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »
Out of Curiosity (OOC) - What would you estimate your % of completion at? Do you have a target date in mind? I am aware these things are not "hard dates" nor would I hold any publisher to them (I'm more than aware of the challenges small publishers face...).

I appreciate your thoughts,

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2017, 08:51:38 PM »
^^What he said!

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2017, 02:56:50 AM »
With the Elementals, I have spell and language ranks to allocate, skill bonuses to adjust by stat bonuses, totals to copy across to headline rows, BMRs to calculate, and then the master summary tables to collate.

I have delegated the construction of Demon stat blocks to John as he has finished all his draft chapters. Colin has some tidying up of his chapters to complete.

I am hoping to transition Bestiary into editing and art commissioning phase in next couple of months.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline trechriron

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2017, 04:34:10 AM »
That. Is. Awesome.

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2017, 06:36:33 PM »
I am very excited to hear that Bestiary is coming along!  I've been really looking forward to it.  I'm hoping to be able to adapt a bunch of the monsters into my Harp SF game as well.

Regards,
-Pyrotech

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2017, 02:24:04 AM »
Quick question from the gallery - If I run HARP now with the books I currently  have at the moment (HARP Core book 2011 printing, HARP Martial Law 2004 printing & HARP College of Magics 2013 printing) can I use them with the HARP Monsters: A Field Guide 2004 printing or should I use a version of RM Creature Law for the animals and monsters until the HARP Bestiary is released?
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2017, 03:14:54 PM »
Quick question from the gallery - If I run HARP now with the books I currently  have at the moment (HARP Core book 2011 printing, HARP Martial Law 2004 printing & HARP College of Magics 2013 printing) can I use them with the HARP Monsters: A Field Guide 2004 printing or should I use a version of RM Creature Law for the animals and monsters until the HARP Bestiary is released?
I believe that Martial Law was also updated with the 2011 versions.
Basically you have no choice but to use Monsters: a Field Guide if you want more than what is just in the core book or what you may find in the Guild Companion ezine. You could develop some of the monsters yourself but I'd find that time consuming and probably not accurate because we do not have the new monster creation rules.

I have used two creatures in that guide in my HARP game so far. The Nightlord and a dragon. The dragon was more of in the mind of one of the PCs family and they had to enter her mind to get her to come out. The PCs are only 10th level and could not have defeated that dragon on their own, especially without the mage being present. But the person subverting the family member was knocked out by someone else.

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2017, 02:51:04 PM »
Thanks Bruce for the reply & help.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax