Forum > Conventions & Conferences

Gen Con 2016

<< < (3/6) > >>

Wolfhound:
Actually, after thinking about it I'm not going to be going to GenCon this year, as I need to re-roof my house, which is going to take up 1-2 weeks of vacation time as soon as the snow melts and spring rains let up and is probably going to cost me several thousand.  If I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right, as when I had my construction company years ago I was usually appalled by the tick-poor way that many contractors do poor quality work and get away with it.  And with being located in Michigan, where rain and snow is quite frequent a proper roof is an absolute necessity.  So hope everyone enjoys themselves, and I look forward to seeing everyone next year at GenCon's 50th anniversary.

Cory Magel:
Not this year, but a couple friends and I are shooting for 2017. (50th show).

Bruce:

--- Quote from: Wolfhound on January 27, 2016, 08:50:07 AM ---Actually, after thinking about it I'm not going to be going to GenCon this year, as I need to re-roof my house, which is going to take up 1-2 weeks of vacation time as soon as the snow melts and spring rains let up and is probably going to cost me several thousand.  If I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right, as when I had my construction company years ago I was usually appalled by the tick-poor way that many contractors do poor quality work and get away with it.  And with being located in Michigan, where rain and snow is quite frequent a proper roof is an absolute necessity.  So hope everyone enjoys themselves, and I look forward to seeing everyone next year at GenCon's 50th anniversary.

--- End quote ---
I hear you on the construction thing. I don't work in construction but have done odd jobs here and there and some workers/businesses just do not care, then they charge you exorbitant prices.

Wait next year is GenCon's 50th anniversary?! Ha, I really need to go because it is also my 50th anniversary. I did not realize GenCon started the year I was born.

bpowell:
We are going this year and I have a friend that is going next year, so I will whine cry and carry on and try to go next year too.

-BP

Bruce:

--- Quote from: bpowell on January 27, 2016, 08:47:04 PM ---We are going this year and I have a friend that is going next year, so I will whine cry and carry on and try to go next year too.

-BP

--- End quote ---

Does whomever you're whinning and crying to support your game habit? Do they also game ICE games with you? If so then relate to them that next year some ICE celebrities will be at GenCon. I am no ICE celebrity, at least not yet. But I will be happy to sign autographs, take pictures, and make an attempt at being a surrogate father, you know for when I do actually become a celebrity, ICE related or not...LOL!

Joking aside, I think  GenCon will be especially huge next year. I can almost bet the prices on everything will go up. Though I think it would be awesome if everyone that was going got together with an ICE (aka Guild Companion) rep or two. That is if we could get ICE to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version