Forum > Conventions & Conferences

Gen Con 2016

(1/6) > >>

Bruce:
Who is going this year? I may go, it all depends on finances in the next month (It needs to be planned by then).

Last year ICE said they planned to go. It would be great to meet them and talk a little shop.

So, ICE, are you coming to Gencon this year?

Wolfhound:
I'm about 95% certain that I'll be going.  I may run an RM game or three this year (didn't run any last year, but did the two prior years).  But depending on timing of any games that anyone else is running I may try to play a few games this year.  The only game I participated in last year was one of your HARP games, which was pretty good.

vroomfogle:
I've been saying for years that I'd go, maybe this will be the year.

Bruce:

--- Quote from: Wolfhound on January 14, 2016, 04:06:29 PM ---I'm about 95% certain that I'll be going.  I may run an RM game or three this year (didn't run any last year, but did the two prior years).  But depending on timing of any games that anyone else is running I may try to play a few games this year.  The only game I participated in last year was one of your HARP games, which was pretty good.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. My goal in running games is for everyone to have fun over anything else. The story and the game are part of that equation. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I feel like I have failed but most if not all the players mention enjoying the game.
I have found over the years that playing in and running different games gives one a broader perspective on the game. I didn't play in any RM games last year but I did the year before and I really enjoyed both games. Didn't you run one of those RM games that year?

Bruce:

--- Quote from: Wolfhound on January 14, 2016, 04:06:29 PM ---I'm about 95% certain that I'll be going.  I may run an RM game or three this year (didn't run any last year, but did the two prior years).  But depending on timing of any games that anyone else is running I may try to play a few games this year.  The only game I participated in last year was one of your HARP games, which was pretty good.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. My goal in running games is for everyone to have fun over anything else. The story and the game are part of that equation. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I feel like I have failed but most if not all the players mention enjoying the game.
I have found over the years that playing in and running different games gives one a broader perspective on the game. I didn't play in any RM games last year but I did the year before and I really enjoyed both games. Didn't you run one of those RM games that year?

--- Quote from: Matt Hanson on January 14, 2016, 04:15:50 PM ---I've been saying for years that I'd go, maybe this will be the year.

--- End quote ---

If you have never been to Gencon then you are in for a treat. I say this with confidence even if you have been to other cons in the past. Gencon is huge. It is the city of Indianapolis' biggest money maker and only barely falls short of the largest single event ever, that title currently belongs to the superbowl a few years ago, but Gencon gets closer every year and may just surpass it this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version