Forum > General Discussion

lords of middle earth vol 2 question

(1/6) > >>

Arasuil:
Hi,

Just had a question about one of the MERP books, "Lords of Middle Earth 2: The Dudes." It just strikes me as really odd at how low they have the offensive bonuses for most of the fighters. Anyone here that might have read this one with some insight as to why that is? A good example of this is Elendil, level 60 fighter with an OB of 205. He has a +60 sword (Narsil) and a strength bonus of +40 (ST:103.) At level 60 his per level bonus would be around + 80 I think?   

To get to 205 from there he would have to invested 25 points in weapon skills (i.e. 5 ranks.) It just doesn't make sense to me. It's the same with most of the other characters as well; Hurin a level 100 fighter tops out at +275 for his OB.Can anyone think of why they would have done it this way? Is there some sort of OB cap? I know its dated but it's always confused/bothered me.

yammahoper:
you can assume the character's like Elindil have tons of natural talent and magic but little actual skill or rewrite as you see fit.

Alwyn:
In Role Master, if I remember right, there was a cap in that you could only get a total of 30 levels in a skill equaling a bonus of +75 for the skill, then adding in level bonus, stats, etc.  After that the only thing that increased were the level bonuses I believe.

Peter R:

--- Quote from: Alwyn on November 12, 2015, 01:58:19 PM ---In Role Master, if I remember right, there was a cap in that you could only get a total of 30 levels in a skill equaling a bonus of +75 for the skill, then adding in level bonus, stats, etc.  After that the only thing that increased were the level bonuses I believe.

--- End quote ---
The level bonuses were capped to 20th level for most professions, there was no cap on fighters professional bonus. It was +3/level for the first 20 levels and then +1 after that. I am not aware of any cap on the number of ranks in a skill. In the very first Arms Law I ever had the skill pregression was listed at +5/rank for 1-10, +2/rank for 11-20, +1/rank for 21-30 and+.5/rank thereafter.

That is still the progression in RMC AL&CL for offensive bonus.

yammahoper:
+3 to level 20 became +2 to level 40 then became +1 indefinitely.

there is a master level bonus progression table showing how profession level bonuses were used in the LoME Vol I.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version