Author Topic: Autoharp Architect installation error  (Read 2546 times)

Offline Barwickian

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Autoharp Architect installation error
« on: October 28, 2015, 04:27:55 PM »
I'm getting the following error when trying to start AutoHARP Architect 1.0.0 on my 64-bit Windows 7 machine. Clean, fresh install from the .exe file, default installation path.

The program can't run because wxmsw294u_gcc_custom.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling to fix this problem.

Reinstalling doesn't fix the problem.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
Re: Autoharp Architect installation error
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 05:53:43 PM »
Hello Barwickian.

Sorry you having issues. i need you to go into your application folder for AutoHarp, where ever and whatever that may be. This is the folder you installed AutoHarp into. I need to check for that file listed above. It should be located in this folder. It is important that the .exe is in the same folder this file is located. There should be another .dll file called wxmsw294u_gl_gcc_custom.dll as well. Please let me know if you located this file and also check to make sure the AutoHarp.exe is located there as well and you are running this .exe.

It is also possible you are installing Architect without installing AutoHarp. Architect is not designed to be used without AutoHarp installed as well. Architect is an add-on. Installing it without AutoHarp installed will result in this error. This tells me I should have the setup/installer look for this .dll. If it is not located then I should error out of the installer.

Cheers.

Offline Barwickian

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 03:51:18 PM »
I do have AutoHARP installed (both Fantasy and SF). Both of the .dlls are in the AutoHARP installation folder.

I have AutoHARP Architect installed into a different folder. Should it be installed to the same folder as AutoHARP?

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 08:00:39 AM »
Yep. AutoHarp Architect should be installed in the same folder as AutoHarp was installed.

Cheers

Offline Barwickian

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 03:51:24 PM »
Got it. Installed to the AutoHARP directory it works.

There's no indication in the installation process that this needs to be so, and the installer doesn't point to that folder automatically. I simply accepted the installer's default.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 07:13:24 PM »
Okay... I'll make sure I put something into the installer. Thanks for the heads up and glad to hear things are working.