Author Topic: Bugs, enhancements, other things for AutoHarp Version 1.0.6  (Read 3806 times)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
Bugs, enhancements, other things for AutoHarp Version 1.0.6
« on: January 16, 2015, 07:22:08 AM »
I'm going to start this thread as a catch-all for anyone who has bugs or enhancement requests that they want to see fixed or addressed for version 1.0.6. I will try and get all the bugs fleshed out but I can't guarantee every enhancement request will be addressed. It depends on time and the extent of the enhancement. I already know people are looking for an NPC generator. That will come eventually but Iwant to finish the CustomDB for Harp Fantasy and Harp Sci-Fi first.

I'm also looking for people who are using the Combat Tracker to post any issues.

Currently I am on initial testing for the Combat Tracker. I still have quite a bit of testing left. I'll update as I get closer to finishing up the initial update.

Cheers

Offline trechriron

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast
Re: Bugs, enhancements, other things for AutoHarp Version 1.0.6
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 07:34:22 PM »
1. Cantrips Skill fixed. :-)
2. The Custom DB stuff will allow me to create my own training packages?  Will it allow me to remove the default ones if I don't want them?
3. My application cannot find the help files as installed. Not sure why, it keeps going to my "D" drive. I think it's trying to find them in my user folder?  To get to help files, I have to open directly from the install dir.  I have Windows 7, installed to my programs folder.
4. Printing to my Adobe PDF printer crashes the app. Every time. :-( I have Acrobat Pro (part of the Creative Suite).
5. I would love to see an "API" help file with the XML output for the character sheet. This way you could build a PDF form with the names of those expected fields. A way to load a PDF, Word or Open Office document with "expected form fields" and have the application fill in the fields would be amazing. This way you could use whatever character sheet floats your boat. :-)

I will keep poking around and offer more as I stumble across them. :-)
Trentin C Bergeron (TreChriron)
Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 08:41:36 AM »
I meant to say Custom Database, not the combat tracker.

The Custom Database will allow you to add your own training packages and remove any packages you don't want. I highly recommend to create your own books for these edits though and the application will explain itself more on that regard when it comes out. I'll check out the help files. I though I had them working. I really need a separate development station for this program. When you have all the links working it's hard to see where the gaps are for those without those links. ;)Your final idea is intriguing. I will look into. As for the PDF crashing. That's odd. This means the information being passed is different somehow than when printing to an ordinary printer.

Offline darb

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 11:18:43 AM »
One bug, my talents are listing out in equipment list, page 3 of the printout. 

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 08:12:03 PM »
One bug, my talents are listing out in equipment list, page 3 of the printout. 

that's correct. I guess I could header that information, but that was a fix for someone who wanted to have their talents printed out on the sheet. ;)

Offline darb

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 08:47:47 AM »
Another wishlist item.  Could we have a charactersheet tab, to see basically the first page of the printout, but without having to go to the print preview route.  It would be helpful to have it all in one place, and then maybe make the data editable from there.  It would just make things a bit easier.

Offline joel.lovell

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Author
    • Machinimagine
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 03:00:11 PM »
I seem to keep experiencing really buggy behavior - application crashes. I've tried completely removing and re-installing, and I'm not sure I have done so entirely correctly. When I try and do a fresh from scratch install, my DriveThruRPG library has a set of .exe and a set of .jar files. I was ignoring the .jar files and trying to do a default install in my windows 8.1 (bootcamp) of my macbook pro and my mac pro and my surface Pro 3, also running 8.1 - I have to manually choose the directory otherwise it doesn't seem to be putting everything in the right location. All three systems seem to have the same issues of crashing.

One incident involved deleting the ambush skill - see attached. Clicking any of these error dialogue choice buttons crashes the program.

One thing that I want to try though, is a default install after thoroughly removing any of the older versions. Any suggestions? Also, I can't figure out how to make it do the default rule of 50DP per level.

Offline joel.lovell

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Author
    • Machinimagine
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 02:19:41 PM »
It crashes continuously when I delete skill categories - if I save after deleting a skill category, then move on to the next, it appears to tolerate that better, but what is frustrating is after I load the character file, sometimes a number of deleted categories make their way back into the sheet.

Offline joel.lovell

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Author
    • Machinimagine
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 03:00:41 PM »
I completely uninstalled it, and re-installed it from scratch. I still see two anomolies that may be related to the crashing I still experience. When I go to do a print preview it says 'demo print preview' - is that because there is some remnent of the 'demo' version that could be mucking up the works? I notice that it remembered where I was storing the character files even after the re-install, so there must be registry values or something somewhere. How do I completely clean this off so that I can see if the problem persists on a fresh install?

Offline Barwickian

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 05:11:26 PM »
Using AutoHARP-SF, v1.0.6, the Fusion career isn't functioning. The software allows me to select the Fusion career, but the dropdown list for choosing the second career is blank.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 07:55:16 AM »
Hmm... Doesn't sound good. :( I'll get busy on checking out what the issues might be. It's interesting that a save resets any deleting that has happened, so that information right there will greatly help me in finding the problem. I'm sure the problem is not related to installation but to the object that handles deleting categories. I'll check it out and get back to you here on the forum. Thanks for pointing this out. i'm glad there is a "small" workaround, albeit annoying.

Fusion character. Yikes! I'll check this out as well. Thanks for the update. If a software update is required I will get that out ASAP.

If there are other problems, anyone else who might be reading this, please don't hesitate to use this board. I will fix the issues and re-issue an update for the software.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 10:19:12 AM »
@Barwickian: I was able to reproduce the fusion issue and have thus resolved it.

@joel.lovell: Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the deleting of categories and skills. One thing you could do is send me your character sheet where this happens. You can send the .xml to perfecthundred@gmail.com. Perhaps there is something peculiar to the character sheet. It's possible this is a 8.1 issue however I'm thinking that shouldn't be the case. Let's see what the character sheet tells me first.

Thanks!

Offline Barwickian

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 05:14:35 PM »
Thanks!

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 08:20:54 AM »
i have submitted the Sci-Fi fix for profession. The update should be ready for download shortly.

Sorry for the delay!

Cheers!

Offline Barwickian

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 03:00:11 PM »
Thanks, Monk - and confirmation: Fusion is working.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2015, 03:20:56 PM »
Awesome!