Forum > Order of the Iron Crown

Spreading the Word

(1/3) > >>

bpowell:
Here in the Denver area I am trying to get a few Game Stores to spread the word.  I even have one store that has said "if you bring in the people we can give you some space."  The issue is getting people to try it.  I know a group said they would be at Genghis Con here in Denver but they never materialized.

Any idea about how to help spread the word?

Colin-ICE:
Hi there,

If the store is happy to display them we could give you some posters of flyers so that people who come into the store are aware that you're trying to set up a game. In addition, if you have a specific time and place in mind we can put a shout out on our social media channels.

arakish:

--- Quote from: Colin-ICE on April 21, 2014, 04:56:07 AM ---Hi there,

If the store is happy to display them we could give you some posters of flyers so that people who come into the store are aware that you're trying to set up a game. In addition, if you have a specific time and place in mind we can put a shout out on our social media channels.

--- End quote ---

Are the posters free for the asking, or do they cost money?  Are they graphics/PDFs we can print out at home or at a print shop?

Since I have moved back to an area in North Carolina where there are RPG shops (unlike in Albuquerque), the idea of asking if a poster can be displayed is nice.

rmfr

Wolfhound:
I'm curious about the details behind the posters as well. 

One of the RMU play-testers in the current group I'm GMing is one of the owners of the store that we have our sessions at, and the rest of the group are regulars in the store.  Not sure if they would be agreeable to it or not, since there isn't currently a way for such retailers to get a hold of larger quantities of ICE products, but if that changes in the near future then they might be willing to. 

And if so (if they could sell ICE products in-store) then I could plan to run pre-scheduled Demo's of RMU when it is close to release, as well as HARP and HARP-SF so that they could then sell those games.  Right now war games are the bulk of their business with CCG's being a close second, with RPG's and board games trailing far behind but still doing a modest amout of sales for them.  We frequently get people who stop and watch or listen and ask questions about the RMU play-test sessions. 

Colin-ICE:
In the past I've created posters/flyers for cons in the form of pdfs which can then be printed. However, with the rebirth of the Order of the Iron Crown I'm keen to help people spread the word in their local area.

In your opinions, what would you want from the poster? Would you want it to be a generic, look how brilliant ICE is, would you want it to be an advert for a specific game night/game? Let me know and I'll talk to the brains beneath the Iron Crown and see what we can pull together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version