Author Topic: RM Classic Google Docs Spreadsheet Character Sheet  (Read 4198 times)

Offline Xusha of Dhelos

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Conisra
RM Classic Google Docs Spreadsheet Character Sheet
« on: March 26, 2014, 05:12:18 AM »
Something I've put together for a game I'm running.

Use WorksheetStats & Worksheetskills tabs during character generation, leveling. It auto populates Sheet 1 and SKills and Magic tabs which are your character sheet proper. The calculation sheet is where the number crunching happens. Easy to customise.

Any cell with blue has a formula in and should left for the sheet itself to fill in.

Early days so still needs a lot testing. Also the skills list on the calculation sheet needs expanding.

Anyone who wants to help out and help me take this to the next level is most welcome.

see; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QmUj7idmKS18Tepm91n7ml66HuxjNLxDaPI6352qWiU/edit#gid=1502974454

"One Roll To Rule Them All, And in the Darkness Bind Them."

Offline Xusha of Dhelos

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Conisra
Re: RM Classic Google Docs Spreadsheet Character Sheet
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 03:13:47 AM »
Updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1--ID90C_jQA-EZmndK2QNq4z-BeIdy2-6xQ1TWnF0jk/edit#gid=1502974454

Offline Xusha of Dhelos

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Conisra
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 12:52:50 PM »
An updated version of my modestly titled "Lord Character Sheet True" can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18GUU1st9vXoPhTGf_5fGpyDySBcjNYRPe75Z6UKqlAM/edit#gid=1502974454

This version of the character sheet is much improved. The idea is this should work like a smart but old skool character sheet rather than a programme.

All the data it references is held in one place on this linked Master Data spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-0SaO2Z61GAIrVyF1GJsb3gPrlPiWxPXHTf0gJHR3RE/edit#gid=0

The idea is any changes/additions a GM makes will automatically be updated and reflected in all his players character sheets.

To use the character sheet, carry out character generation and leveling on worksheet 1 & 2. All system related info is auto updated to the Character Sheet 1 & 2 tabs.

No data should be entered into any blue coloured cell.

That's it.

To use the setup you'll need to

1. make a copy of the charactersheet and the master sheet

2. then point the varies sets of data and tables on your Character sheet's datasheet to your own copy of the master data sheet. This is very straightforward import range formula. If you google the importrange command and look at the formula in the top left hand corner of any of these red tables on the datasheet you'll see how it works.

Offline Xusha of Dhelos

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Conisra
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 01:30:20 PM »
A few more points worth mentioning.

Right now the various data sets on the master sheet, i.e skills, professions, races etc are small. The idea is each time one of your players roles up a character with, makes use of new profession, learns a new skill, selects a new race, you enter the relevant data in the master data sheet. Your library of data then grows, updating all the sheets you've issued automatically.

If you see errors, for example skill costs not coming up, or it not recognizing a specific weapon, or a limited number of races, skills, this the reason why. It's not actually an error, you just have to build up the library of data relating to the game world you're running. Over time you'll complete the process and by the same token you can use this setup to run non standard/completely custom game worlds.

All the while it'll take care of all the grind and leg work, from figuring out potentials from rolls to encumbrance penalties.

Offline Malleable

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 07:48:19 PM »
I see cells that say to use the drop downs, but I dont have any drop downs.

What am I doing wrong?

UPDATE - Now I am getting dropdowns, but with no cell values.  Microsoft 'corrected some errors'.  I guess I will try again.

Thanks,
Mal

Offline elcaron

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 05:49:44 AM »
Sorry for digging up this old thread, but is anybody actually still using this?
I like the concept a lot, makes GM life quite a lot easier, but some parts seem to glitch quite a bit for me.
For example, the second Spell list does not add up the points anymore. It just stays 0. I have checked the formulas and everything checks out as far as I can see. I am almost willing to think that this is an issue with Google SPreadsheet.

Offline TheIceman

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 04:16:42 AM »
Seriously interested in this idea of google sheets being distributed to party all feeding from one master spreadsheet.

Please can the creator confirm if his is still in development or if anyone using it has modified if its a working D & D tool?

Cheers in advance!

Offline Heilemann

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2020, 09:48:53 PM »
This sheet is great! Hoping the original author still wants to update it, otherwise someone else should take it over.

Anyway, there are some missing skill costs in the master table starting at BW (Acrobats for Fighter, for instance, and a bunch of High Warrior Monk ones).