Author Topic: ERA for Rolemaster - Creating characters and managing adventures  (Read 89337 times)

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA for Rolemaster - Creating characters and managing adventures
« Reply #340 on: April 26, 2021, 08:42:33 PM »

- The ERA logo in the adventuring, treasure, character sheet and character creation modules can now be clicked to go back to the module selection screen.

This is a good feature. Thank you for implementing it.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Boromir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #341 on: April 27, 2021, 09:14:47 AM »
Suggestion for a new feature: I've now got about 100 config files modified in my ERA installation, so seeing a new version come out has made updating rather daunting.  Can you see a way to make this easier to manage?  Perhaps by having modified files have a different extension, so it is not overridden with an update?

And I do so love how configurable ERA is.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #342 on: April 27, 2021, 07:52:36 PM »
Suggestion for a new feature: I've now got about 100 config files modified in my ERA installation, so seeing a new version come out has made updating rather daunting.  Can you see a way to make this easier to manage?  Perhaps by having modified files have a different extension, so it is not overridden with an update?

And I do so love how configurable ERA is.

We're glad you like ERA!
Please consider starting a new thread in the forum with details on your changes, so that we can discuss the best way to ease the update process. It will surely be useful to other users in a similar situation.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #343 on: May 06, 2021, 04:35:01 PM »
ERA has been updated.
https://twitter.com/voriigkye/status/1390418828169994240?s=20

For those who don't want to open the link, it's just a tweet telling you that RMC character creation has been fixed, and RMFRP new characters will no longer start with a rank binding between Stalk and Hiding.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #344 on: June 07, 2021, 11:10:31 PM »
ERA has been updated.
https://twitter.com/voriigkye/status/1402112541766062083?s=20

For those who don't want to open the link, the new directory format for skills, categories and groups is up and running.
If your gaming group uses a customized skill list check out the examples in the /Groups, /Categories and /Skills directories.

Offline Caom

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #345 on: June 19, 2021, 12:04:51 AM »
Hello there, I just wanted to ask how fast we could expect RMU to be in this software after we get the release version of RMU?
I never used ERA before but I would try it out for sure with the new rules
I hope this is the right topic to ask this in, if not I am sorry

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #346 on: June 19, 2021, 10:06:04 AM »
Voriig (the developer of ERA) has said the the RMU module for ERA is all ready to go; it is just waiting for the release of the books. So pretty much as soon as the books are out, so will the ERA module.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Caom

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #347 on: July 05, 2021, 01:38:29 AM »
That is great!
Is there a feature overview of all the things the software does?

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #348 on: July 05, 2021, 09:11:17 PM »
Is there a feature overview of all the things the software does?

Outdated site: https://erahome.wordpress.com/
YouTube tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLikcqMCKabCbuQT37rRjHCiZBdmUiIJF7
New features and releases: this thread you're in
Update log: ERA/Server/readme.txt in your ERA installation

So nothing as complete and fancy as we'd like, but you can always ask if in doubt :-D

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #349 on: December 13, 2021, 05:49:31 AM »
Hi there. I promised myself, and the ERA community, that Training Packages would be available before the end of 2021.
The feature has been added to ERA.
BUT we still haven't completed all the steps to make it available on DriveTruRPG, since other changes in the system require all existing packages on sale to be updated, and we'd like as many of them as possible to add the corresponding TPs as part of that update.

While you wait for the official updates, please find below a link for the BETA release of ERA with Training Package support, 3 sample TPs, and the new avatars by Mathieu Vaillancourt.
http://goo.gl/NTMqH9
Remember that this is for experimental purposes only, do not install your existing book packages over this release. Do not install this over your existing ERA.

This is the Windows version, if you'd like to try out the Linux, Mac or Raspberry Pi versions, let me know.

Offline scLiNer666

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #351 on: March 03, 2022, 06:46:13 AM »
Thank you! This is one feature I like quite a lot.
It was a missing gap for me in ERA, but now a good software get's even better!  ;) ;D

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #352 on: March 13, 2022, 06:09:22 PM »
ERA has been updated.

After a long time in the works, Training Packages are available in ERA for RMFRP. Also, all book packages have been updated with their corresponding TP content. Of course this means once we release ERA for Spacemaster:Privateers they will be included as well.
When time permits, there will be a tutorial video on how to use them. In the meantime, please explore and ask your questions in the forum and the dedicated channel on the Discord server.

Because of updates in the underlying software used to develop ERA, all packages for both RMC and RMFRP also must be updated to be compatible with this new release.

As other fixes go, cancelling a level up will revert manual edits made during it as well.
RMC and RMFRP got some polish in the skill lists.

This is the first public version of ERA with the new avatars by Mathieu Vaillancourt. Thanks!

Offline scLiNer666

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #353 on: March 14, 2022, 12:40:10 AM »
Thank you very much!  :) :) :)
I'm excited about checking it out...

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #354 on: April 14, 2022, 07:43:03 AM »
ERA has been updated.
This is just a tiny fix in RMFRP, in case you really needed to have your realm stat bonus added to power point development and spell casting categories  ;)

Offline mathieuvart

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Dark Fantasy Art
« Reply #355 on: July 28, 2022, 01:03:54 PM »
I'll make more avatars for Era in the near future.

Offline UtatlanICE

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #356 on: August 16, 2022, 12:11:52 PM »
This may have been discussed many times already, but is there anyone using this ERA material inside the Foundry VTT system? 

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #357 on: August 20, 2022, 07:02:20 AM »
This may have been discussed many times already, but is there anyone using this ERA material inside the Foundry VTT system? 

Do you mean to run a Foundry game, where character are originally created inside ERA? In that case I don't know if it's done before. This can be done for Fantasy Grounds because someone once made an Excel file that converts the corresponding formats.

If there is a guide to importing characters in Foundry, the same could be done there.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #358 on: October 17, 2022, 10:35:11 PM »
ERA has been updated
What's new for Version 2022-10-10

Or if you don't want to leave the forum:
  • New features
    • The special bonus in the Character Sheet module will offer a tooltip when hovering over it, indicating whether the value is “just a system bonus” or if there is an automatic calculation involved.
    • All bonuses in ERA will now be preceded by a + when positive.
    • The Adventuring module has a new “meeting” icon, which will open a Jitsi meeting, to help coordinating virtual sessions. The Character Status module also has the new icon, so players can easily join the same meeting.
    • Option to show all skills when generating the printable character sheet.
    • Option to indicate a fixed critical type and maximum result for combat skills. These options will appear on combat skills for character profiles in the Adventuring module, and skills classified as offensive bonus in the Character Sheet module.
  • Improvements/Corrections
    • Visual redesign of the culture and profession steps of the Character Creation module.
    • Improved the automatic name given to saved adventures, to help locate and differentiate them.
    • When entering a roll sequence in the Adventuring module, 00 will be interpreted as 100. Also spaces in the text will be ignored.
    • The map in the Travel module is working again.
  • Advanced Customization
    • Critical tables now support UM rows.
    • Attack tables no longer require indicating a default critical type.
    • Player Kept Records can be configured to keep track of specific information relevant to each gaming group. Examples include XP, money carried, status. Ask for the XML format if you are interested in this feature.

Offline joel.lovell

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Author
    • Machinimagine
« Reply #359 on: October 18, 2022, 06:49:11 AM »
Can characters be imported into Fantasy Grounds?