Author Topic: ERA for Rolemaster - Creating characters and managing adventures  (Read 91443 times)

Offline adanost

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Sailin' the waves
Re: ERA for Rolemaster - Creating characters and managing adventures
« Reply #200 on: March 30, 2016, 04:03:51 AM »
I used the creature module in last gaming session. I preloaded a lesser spider template and added in five minutes before play two rascals for use later. The results were vey good, much easier than creating a character for use as NPC and adap its bonuses for an specific creature.
Ricard
Devoted GM

Offline krusteh

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2016, 09:23:23 PM »
I just wanted to say thanks for the ongoing work, updates and content. I haven't posted in awhile but this stuff is great. I would love to see a creatures type module. keep up the good work!!

Offline Bladorthin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2016, 04:01:00 PM »
Hey, I run Rolemaster 2/Classic, and this program looks very interesting, but I do have a few questions?

1)I use the similar skill rules from RMC2, where a certain number of ranks in 1 skill will apply to another skill (assuming that skill isn't higher to begin with). Is there an option to allow this with ERA?

2) How easy is it to add Classes and skills?

3) is it possible to tweak progression bonuses for % in a skill per rank, or class bonuses to a skill per character level?

Thanks!

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2016, 06:12:12 PM »
1)I use the similar skill rules from RMC2, where a certain number of ranks in 1 skill will apply to another skill (assuming that skill isn't higher to begin with). Is there an option to allow this with ERA?

There is a feature called "Rank Binding" which allows you to specify that a skill should take the ranks from another skill. This is only 1-1 for now, mostly since no one requested more of it.

2) How easy is it to add Classes and skills?

You should check some of the questions on the advanced customization thread, the details are there. Short answer is, you can if you take the time to manually edit some configuration files. If you need additional details you can always add more questions on that thread.

3) is it possible to tweak progression bonuses for % in a skill per rank, or class bonuses to a skill per character level?

By default RMC bonuses are based on character level, and you can create your own professions manually and specify whichever bonus you want per level.
RMU uses a bonus that is +1 per rank, but that is not available yet in ERA.

As a general rule, bear in mind that RMC uses almost the same mechanics as RM2, so you should download the free demo version, start ERA for RMC, and see if anything is missing.

Offline Bladorthin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #204 on: June 22, 2016, 02:39:01 AM »
I am surprised more Rolemaster 2/Classic fans have not requested the similar skills option, it would totally make the character generator worth the price for that feature alone, as the idea as presented in Companion II is excellent but bogs down in play when you have to calculate it on the fly. Is it something that you may expand upon in the near future? It's really the only thing holding me back at this point, assuming I can add the random skill/profession.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #205 on: June 22, 2016, 06:24:40 AM »
I am surprised more Rolemaster 2/Classic fans have not requested the similar skills option, it would totally make the character generator worth the price for that feature alone, as the idea as presented in Companion II is excellent but bogs down in play when you have to calculate it on the fly. Is it something that you may expand upon in the near future? It's really the only thing holding me back at this point, assuming I can add the random skill/profession.

Whatever the reason, I don't recall it being asked before. The good news is, it is slightly already included.
Although you can't define it globally for all new characters, you can edit a character and configure the Rank Binding, then manually edit the character file and change the "conversion ratio" of the binding.
Let me know if that is clear enough. If not, please add a post to the advanced customization thread and I'll post a guide on how to do this.
Afterwards, please let me know if that is acceptable for your group. In future versions I might add a more direct configuration for this feature if there is enough interest.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #206 on: July 12, 2016, 04:31:07 PM »
Hi. Just wanted to let you know that in the latest update of ERA, the Shadow World package was updated to include all Criticals presented in the Shadow World Master Atlas 4th Edition.

This means that all those who purchased it can re-download for free and get stuff like Acid, Plasma, Stress, etc in their ERA installation.

And of course it is included from now on for anyone purchasing the Shadow World package, along with the Fantasy Weapons, Loremaster+Navigator+Unlife Spell Lists, and of course Kulthean races and cultures.

Offline dndgamer5e

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2016, 06:11:11 AM »
had an issue with the latest update, got the following error on the update log.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/07/15 11:31:14 ERROR 2 (0x00000002) Accessing Source Directory Z:\tmp\rolemaster\ERA\ERA\RMC-Adventures\
The system cannot find the file specified.

Offline dndgamer5e

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #208 on: July 15, 2016, 07:20:29 AM »
Ok here is the full Update.log after installing the new exe and running the update.cmd.  I think this is also causing the book files not to be installed as its coming up with #FLContextCluster not found in the system directory.

Any suggestions in whats happened.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   ROBOCOPY     ::     Robust File Copy for Windows                             

Started : 15 July 2016 12:57:05
   Source : C:\RM Tools\ERA\RMC-Adventures\
     Dest : C:\RM Tools\ERA\RMC\Adventures\

Files : *.*

Options : *.* /V /X /S /E /DCOPY:DA /COPY:DAT /MOVE /IS /R:1000000 /W:30

2016/07/15 12:57:05 ERROR 2 (0x00000002) Accessing Source Directory C:\RM Tools\ERA\RMC-Adventures\

Started : 15 July 2016 12:57:05
   Source : C:\RM Tools\ERA\RMC-Characters\
     Dest : C:\RM Tools\ERA\RMC\Characters\

2016/07/15 12:57:05 ERROR 2 (0x00000002) Accessing Source Directory C:\RM Tools\ERA\RMC-Characters\

Started : 15 July 2016 12:57:06
   Source : C:\RM Tools\ERA\Server\RMC-Configuration\
     Dest : C:\RM Tools\ERA\RMC\Configuration\

2016/07/15 12:57:06 ERROR 2 (0x00000002) Accessing Source Directory C:\RM Tools\ERA\Server\RMC-Configuration\

Source : C:\RM Tools\ERA\Server\Resources\Professions\
     Dest : C:\RM Tools\ERA\Server\Resources\RMC-Professions\

2016/07/15 12:57:06 ERROR 2 (0x00000002) Accessing Source Directory C:\RM Tools\ERA\Server\Resources\Professions\

Source : C:\RM Tools\ERA\Server\Resources\Races\
     Dest : C:\RM Tools\ERA\Server\Resources\RMC-Races\

2016/07/15 12:57:06 ERROR 2 (0x00000002) Accessing Source Directory C:\RM Tools\ERA\Server\Resources\Races\

Deleted file - C:\RM Tools\ERA\RMC\Configuration\AttackFumbleColumns\rmcArmsLaw.attackFumbles.era
Deleted file - C:\RM Tools\ERA\RMC\Configuration\AttackTables\rmcArmsLaw.attackTables.era
Deleted file - C:\RM Tools\ERA\RMC\Configuration\BackgroundOptions\rmcCharacterLaw.backgroundOptions.era
Deleted file - C:\RM Tools\ERA\RMC\Configuration\CriticalTables\rmcArmsLaw.criticals.era
Deleted file - C:\RM Tools\ERA\RMC\Configuration\Professions\rmcCharacterLaw.professions.era
Deleted file - C:\RM Tools\ERA\RMC\Configuration\Races\rmcCharacterLaw.races.era

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #209 on: July 15, 2016, 11:21:11 AM »
Running the update is only required if your previous version is from before the server offered both RMC and RMFRP.

I'll list some questions to help guide the troubleshooting:
1) Can you send me a PM with a screenshot of what happens now if you try to start the server? I am especially interested in the text that should appear in the Server window.
2) Does the browser open after trying to start the RMC server?
3) Had you run the "update.cmd" for any previous update?
4) Can you remember when was the last time you updated? Or was this the first update since you purchased ERA? In that case it would be helpful to know when you got the first version.

Let me know about these topics and we'll continue with the analysis.
Thanks for contacting us about the situation.

Offline dndgamer5e

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2016, 01:07:18 PM »
Ok sorted the issue, I removed the original version of era and did a clean restart with the new exe.  I think it was not liking it when I tried to install the new era within the old era folder on my system and was also accessing it over my internal Lan as is was running it from my network drive.  I have a seperate issue which I will post in the other thread as Im trying something more advanced.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #211 on: November 02, 2016, 07:20:46 AM »
As you sure have read by now, ERA has been updated.

For those who have purchased RMC and RMFRP Character Law, the updated package now includes herbs.
For those who have purchased RMC and RMFRP Shadow World, the updated package now includes herbs and creature templates.

When leveling up, it is now possible to purchase additional stat gains, look for a new button next to the remaining DP on the upper right of the screen.

In the ruleset customization dialog, you can now choose the herb finding formula, which will be used in the foraging module. The formula based on difficulty is suggested for non-Shadow World herbs, and the frequency based formula is the one included in Shadow World Master Atlas and is compatible with the herbs in that book.

Offline adanost

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Sailin' the waves
« Reply #212 on: November 03, 2016, 04:53:54 PM »
After last update i have found some problems with the inventory utility. When opening my current campaing it displays the following error:

MessageNotUnderstood: JQueryCssStyles class>>uiHelperClearfix

If i try to open the inventory in a blank campaing (i.e. Wading the webs) and i try to Fill with default items, a dialog box opens with the following message:

That action was not accepted by the server. Please confirm that it is in accordance with the current rule set.

Has anyone else suffered from the same errors?
Ricard
Devoted GM

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #213 on: November 04, 2016, 07:11:22 AM »
MessageNotUnderstood: JQueryCssStyles class>>uiHelperClearfix

My bad  :-\

The Inventory module is not working properly in the last version. I will start preparation of a new version with the fix.

Offline adanost

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Sailin' the waves
« Reply #214 on: November 04, 2016, 01:47:29 PM »
Ok. I will do without Inventory for a few sessions  ;)
Ricard
Devoted GM

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #215 on: November 07, 2016, 04:39:52 PM »
Ok. I will do without Inventory for a few sessions  ;)
And... the fix is done. Hope we didn't take too long.
You should be able to download the updated version through RPGNow.

Offline silarkhar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #216 on: November 23, 2016, 10:10:03 AM »
Hi,
I've installed the last version of ERA with Shadow World, but when I want create a new character I can't select a race of Shadow World, it's always the same response :
That action was not accepted by the server. Please confirm that it is in accordance with the current rule set.
Response: <html><head><title>The support log has been updated.</title></head><body onload="onLoad()"><h1>MessageNotUnderstood: receiver of &quot;bonusFor:&quot; is nil</h1><script type="text/javascript">function onLoad(){};</script></body></html>                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
Text Status: error
Error Thrown: Internal Server Error

There wasn't this message with the previous version. I'm using firefox 50.0 on Windows 8.1.
ERA user for RM2 and RMC.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #217 on: November 23, 2016, 06:16:52 PM »
Hi,
I've installed the last version of ERA with Shadow World, but when I want create a new character I can't select a race of Shadow World, it's always the same response :
There wasn't this message with the previous version. I'm using firefox 50.0 on Windows 8.1.

Mhhh, it should be working.

Are you using the RMC or RMFRP ruleset?
What other packages are installed apart from Shadow World?
Were you able to update all the packages to the last version?

There should be a support file in the /Server directory, called "ERA-Support.log". You can send that file to era-support.voriigkye@recursor.net, so that I can check for more details as well.

Offline silarkhar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #218 on: November 24, 2016, 11:36:34 AM »
I'm using RMC and I've successfully installed the Laws before the Shadow World set for ERA.
For information, I've downloaded all the last versions on RPGNow.

Offline silarkhar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2016, 01:33:14 PM »
Hi,
sorry for the delay. I've re-downloaded the RMC shadow world for ERA, but on the website RPGNow the zip file doesn't include Creatures and Herbs. It's marked 'last update 10-30-2016' so it would be the newest version.
After re-install, I've again troubleshootings with the races.