Author Topic: Rolemaster Combat Minion - RM combat tracking software  (Read 119402 times)

Offline rsarres

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rolemaster Combat Minion - RM combat tracking software
« Reply #400 on: February 15, 2024, 07:29:03 AM »
Hi;
Is there anyone maintaining the combat minion? I have some suggestions that I list below:
1- Add the combat log to the persistant database. I use the combat log for XP calculation and it would be great to have this info in the persistant and exportable database.
2- Add a warning before closing the page, because you lose all the combat log. Sometimes I close the tab by accident and the combat log is gone.

Thanks.

Offline C.Tozer

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • youtube.com/@ofhorrorsandheroes
    • Of Horrors & Heroes
« Reply #401 on: February 25, 2024, 12:21:12 PM »
Hi;
Is there anyone maintaining the combat minion? I have some suggestions that I list below:
1- Add the combat log to the persistant database. I use the combat log for XP calculation and it would be great to have this info in the persistant and exportable database.
2- Add a warning before closing the page, because you lose all the combat log. Sometimes I close the tab by accident and the combat log is gone.

Thanks.

Great suggestions!
**Interested in some Rolemaster Actual Play Sessions to watch - check out https://www.youtube.com/@ofhorrorsandheroes ***

Offline nash

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Homepage
« Reply #402 on: February 26, 2024, 11:12:54 AM »
So just so people are on the same page.  I volunteered to start looking at maintaining minion.  However I've been busy with roll20 support.  Going forward I would imagine that is going to keep taking up my RM time as far as software support.  Per-Anders Staav has done some work as well.

If anyone else is interested, they should speak up.   

Offline pastaav

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Swedish gaming club
« Reply #403 on: February 27, 2024, 01:15:12 AM »
Like Nash said, I have also done some investigation. My evaluation is that making a new interface for Combat Minion so it works with RMU is more work than building something more suiting from scratch. The old percentage activities are built into work flow of RMC and RMU has exchanged that for AP. Additionally the AP-system is built into the critical tables so there are differences in how the injuries to characters need to represented. Skills is also a concern since there is much wider spread of skills that affect things through bonus and number of ranks need to be known by the combat tracker to resolve things.

I have done some blueprinting on a new architecture that support both RMU and previous editions, but trying to smash the old interface into the architecture is not easy. If you did not participate in writing the original code there are bound to be the risk of creating new bugs since you don't understand the tradeoffs when the code was written.
/Pa Staav