Author Topic: Rolemaster Combat Minion - RM combat tracking software  (Read 119278 times)

Offline Ransak

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rolemaster Combat Minion - RM combat tracking software
« Reply #320 on: July 14, 2019, 08:20:34 AM »
Hi
I'm getting the 504 gateway error. Anyone know what is happening? I just bought the minion yesterday and now cannot get on. Is there a way to use it offline?

Offline Finwe

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #321 on: July 14, 2019, 09:26:12 AM »
the app is very good, but I mentioned a long time ago that there is a possibility that the website may fall temporarily or permanently and we will be unable to use it after having paid.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #322 on: July 14, 2019, 06:37:48 PM »
The web server was down for a few hours last night. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please note Minion is a Web App and in normal circumstances no internet connection is required. That assumes you've used the Web App at least once previously (ie. it's been downloaded onto your browser) and have not cleared your browser's localstorage. However it appears there is a caveat. If you have internet connection but the Minion web server is down, it will not work, as the app expects to be able to refresh if an internet connection exists. I tested this today to confirm. I was unaware of this before now. Needless to say, we're trying for 100% uptime for the web server, but can never guarantee it.

In short:
1. Connected to the internet and minion web server working - it works.
2. Not connected to the internet - it works (tested again today).
3. Connected to the internet but minion web server down - doesn't work.

Offline Ransak

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #323 on: July 15, 2019, 09:32:39 PM »
Hi
Is there a way to clear the encounter data from the NPCs without a edit to each creature?

Offline Ransak

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #324 on: July 29, 2019, 05:50:22 PM »
Hi
Is there a way to clear the encounter data from the NPCs without a edit to each creature?

Offline Finwe

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #325 on: July 29, 2019, 11:56:26 PM »
Hi

No  :'(

Offline gandalf970

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #326 on: October 05, 2019, 12:05:04 PM »
What is the most combatants in will handle?  I have been able to make it work with 35, has anyone pushed it further.

Offline Destecado

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #327 on: March 18, 2020, 11:00:43 AM »
I think this program is the best that has ever happened to Rolemaster. The combat is now smooth and realistic with stuns, bleeding and wounds. Things have happened since the 80s and we know now more about weapons and armor due to a lot of and medieval re-enactors and enthusiasts. It would be nice you could "make your own" AT and such or just update the hits and crits for various types of armor and weapons.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #328 on: August 08, 2020, 11:44:28 PM »
Call for Volunteers

This is a general call for volunteer(s) to take over the support, maintenance and future development of Combat Minion.

For personal reasons, I will no longer be able to continue in this role, and the software has been stagnant for some time. With RMU being released in the not too distant future, the time is right to hand over to those better able to continue.

The only request I make of volunteers is to keep the app itself free in future, and to be willing to upgrade the software for the new RMU ruleset. Minion has always been provided as free hobby software, and I hope those who follow continue in that fashion.

Please PM me for more details.  :)

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #329 on: September 23, 2020, 07:36:50 PM »
Bumping this post as I've had no response.

Offline Aspire2Hope

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Rediscovering the Joys of MERP
« Reply #330 on: September 26, 2020, 03:03:44 AM »
I would love to help but it is way outside my skill set - I haven't written code beyond a few EXCEL strings since using BASIC at school. Best I could manage is some sort of monitor role.

Offline buffsco

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #331 on: January 30, 2021, 08:24:52 PM »
Any Way to add weapons not listed such as long kynac or short kynac etc

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #332 on: February 03, 2021, 08:30:55 PM »
Any Way to add weapons not listed such as long kynac or short kynac etc

No, but the kynacs use the Rapier table with a set bonus, so in minion just choose rapier as the character's weapon, then set its weapon OB modifier appropriately.
Eg. For Long Kynac, use a +15 OB Rapier instead. I found a post about this from 2015 below with more info. Cheers.

http://ironcrown.co.uk/ICEforums/index.php?topic=14077.msg191550;topicseen#msg191550

Offline C.Tozer

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • youtube.com/@ofhorrorsandheroes
    • Of Horrors & Heroes
« Reply #333 on: February 07, 2021, 05:56:01 PM »
Call for Volunteers

This is a general call for volunteer(s) to take over the support, maintenance and future development of Combat Minion.

For personal reasons, I will no longer be able to continue in this role, and the software has been stagnant for some time. With RMU being released in the not too distant future, the time is right to hand over to those better able to continue.

The only request I make of volunteers is to keep the app itself free in future, and to be willing to upgrade the software for the new RMU ruleset. Minion has always been provided as free hobby software, and I hope those who follow continue in that fashion.

Please PM me for more details.  :)

Hi Merkir

Sorry very late to the party here. I LOVE Combat Minion ... as an experienced GM this handy piece of software has sped things up in my game so much. Thanks for all your work

I would really like to help but sorry I just don't have the techinical skills required. Unlike some of the others on here I have no programming expereince and would be terrified that I would break the whole thing.
Is there any other way I could help?

Cheers

Chris
**Interested in some Rolemaster Actual Play Sessions to watch - check out https://www.youtube.com/@ofhorrorsandheroes ***

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #334 on: February 08, 2021, 03:22:52 PM »
Thanks Chris for your kind words and offer to help. I'm not sure what form that help would take if not software.

I've not had any response from devs who might be able to take over the Minion code base. I note ICE management have also requested people to come forward.

Cheers, David (aka Merkir)

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #335 on: February 08, 2021, 03:28:41 PM »
Everyone, the request still stands. Anyone willing to volunteer to take on Minion, preferably to upgrade the software to work with RMU, but at the very least hopefully someone to take over hosting / support, would be greatly appreciated.

At this stage, and with some regret, I think it's only appropriate to foreshadow that should nothing eventuate, I will need to ask ICE to remove Minion data packs from the online stores. It wouldn't be fair to keep it on sale if the free app can't be supported and only has a limited lifetime. Cheers.

Offline jkmacp!

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #336 on: March 20, 2021, 08:39:06 AM »
Well I am sorry to hear that as I just purchased a license from DriveThruRPG.com last week. Unfortunately I have no received my license code yet and am wondering who to contact about this.  If you see this and can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #337 on: March 21, 2021, 05:56:14 PM »
Well I am sorry to hear that as I just purchased a license from DriveThruRPG.com last week. Unfortunately I have no received my license code yet and am wondering who to contact about this.  If you see this and can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi jkmacp,
Your license code is in the email receipt you should have received from DriveThruRPG when you made the purchase. Scroll down the email until you see the license code section.
Cheers

Offline Camel1918

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #338 on: April 22, 2021, 09:20:49 PM »
Merkir,

No this can't be! I'm so sorry to hear this news. I've been a user almost since it came out and I don't know what I will do if I can't use the program.
You have done a stellar job and this program makes my games run so much smoother.
ICE can't take over the running of the servers? I think it would be in their best interest to somehow make it work. What about their new product RMU? While I'm not exactly a fan of it It would be a huge help to running it also.

I'm sorry to hear your news. I just hope you and yours are OK and it's not a problem there.
Thank you for making my work so much easier,
Mark H.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #339 on: April 23, 2021, 12:28:28 AM »
I am just coming around to appreciating how useful this could be. I would love to see it updated for RMU. Sadly, I don't have the skills to take it over though.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle