Author Topic: HARP with minis?  (Read 993 times)

Offline Luxferre

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
HARP with minis?
« on: June 21, 2013, 01:17:12 AM »
How to play HARP with minis.

I run a longer campaign (Serpents Skull from Pathfinder RPG) and would like to use minis for the major fights (BBEG, special enemies, nice locations, and so on).

But I cannot find rules for move- and attack- options in any of the two new books.

So are there rules? Houserules? Maybe just an intuitive ruleset for gamemastering on the fly?

And also I would like to read from your experiences with fights on (1" / 2.53cm) maps in HARP (alternatively Rolemaster).

Thanks in advance, and please dont try to prevent me from doing that. I bought a lot of paperminis, mapfolios and I want to use it ;)
Feed me! I'm hungry...

ina killatesu basma kabis sumsu

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: HARP with minis?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 02:08:14 AM »
Yes, I played a lot with minis on the 1" maps of the Echoes of Heaven campaign. It worked quite perfect and I have not used any special rules except of the standard rules. There was a Battlemaster supplement (from the old ICE) for combat with Minis, but I never felt the need to use it (though I own one).

Move is defined in the rules, I used 1" = 5' (~1,5m), melee only from adjanced hexes/grids, missile/spells required line of sight.

The only houserule I had was that everybody was allowed to move 1 hex/grid for free each round.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: HARP with minis?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 08:27:48 AM »
For individual character play you can play HARP with (or without Mini's) as fits your personal preference.

If you want to use them, you should have everything you need already in there...
Base Movement Rate for players, monsters, etc.
Combat Actions that specify what movement can and can't be done during combat and how those actions impact the modifiers (see range modifiers or charge modifiers)

Use whatever scale fits your figures/paper minis, maps and grids.  The rounding that may be necessary is unlikely to impact the game play.

Note - When I play I do use mini's or markers any time that combat comes into play.  It mainly helps with tracking facing.  I'm working my way into Fantasy Grounds, and with that I plan to use that to support both online play and tabletop play using their map features.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com