Author Topic: Combat Comp Martial Arts vs MAC  (Read 1338 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Combat Comp Martial Arts vs MAC
« on: July 30, 2011, 11:18:03 PM »
 I was wondering which style of Martial Arts people prefer? The RMC Combat Comp provides bonuses that increase as the number of ranks increase in the style or have a plateau to trigger benefits or the MAC style that provides standard benefits after reaching specific rank level?

Thanks
MDC 
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Nders

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Ancient GM
Re: Combat Comp Martial Arts vs MAC
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 04:14:42 AM »
We currently use the rules from CC. They are not as powerfull as the rules from MAC but in truth this is more because of the way CC handles adrenal defence than the way it handles benefits by rank. I would warmly reccomend trying out the combat style system from CC - I would leave the armor by piece and new attack tables alone :). We have been using the styles since we got hold of the book and after a period of adjustment I would find it hard to go back or participitate as a player in a campaign that did not use CC combat styles. (I pretty much always GM)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Combat Comp Martial Arts vs MAC
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 08:09:30 AM »
We currently use the rules from CC. They are not as powerfull as the rules from MAC but in truth this is more because of the way CC handles adrenal defence than the way it handles benefits by rank. I would warmly reccomend trying out the combat style system from CC - I would leave the armor by piece and new attack tables alone :) . We have been using the styles since we got hold of the book and after a period of adjustment I would find it hard to go back or participitate as a player in a campaign that did not use CC combat styles. (I pretty much always GM)

I fully agree that it is almost impossible to go back once you have used Combat Styles.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.