Author Topic: RM2 Creatures to RMU  (Read 146 times)

Offline Lord Bragg

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Rolemaster Since 1980
RM2 Creatures to RMU
« on: February 20, 2024, 10:29:25 PM »
I am looking to buy into the new RMU rules set but the obvious lack of the monster(s) books is a huge hole... I went thru the RMU Creatures beta threads and saw no mention on a way to convert RM2 monsters to RMU... Or even which system is closer to RMU (RM2 or RMSS). How are you all creating monsters for RMU (Do have to work and care for a family so not a lot of time to spend hours per creature). The question is what is the quickest and easiest was to create RMU monsters and how.
Rolemaster: Where a critical fumble puts you face first in a mule's ass.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: RM2 Creatures to RMU
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 11:04:14 PM »
I just spot-checked a few to compare RMSS to RMC and the stats look the same. So I think the answer to "which is closer" is "both are equivalent."

For a quick and dirty conversion, I would say cut the movement rates in half (because RMU rounds are half as long so distance moved per round will be half as much), and convert the armor types, then use the other stats basically as written. It's close enough for now.

For armor types, https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/dkbgdkr3wvexs5ro9kbvj/Armor-Conversion.pdf?rlkey=108dkvtjkkepi7b9scubyynup&dl=0
For quick and dirty, just use the chart at the bottom of the page, which doesn't worry about partial coverage.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster