Author Topic: ERA for Rolemaster - Creating characters and managing adventures  (Read 91399 times)

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA for Rolemaster - Creating characters and managing adventures
« Reply #400 on: June 16, 2023, 05:47:29 PM »
Is there documentation for the REST API?

There is no text document covering the protocol.
For the moment only attack results that are accessible through the API.

I'm waiting for enough interest to mount before adding more, which should be easy to do.

For the moment the Excel example file is the only documentation I've created.

Let me know if you have any questions, via the forum or the era-for-rolemaster channel at the ICE Discord server.

Offline Pete_Keller

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #401 on: June 17, 2023, 06:52:03 PM »
Where do I find the Excel example file?

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #402 on: June 17, 2023, 09:17:08 PM »
Where do I find the Excel example file?

When you unpack the ERA-Windows installer from DTRPG, inside the /ERA directory, you'll find ERA-API Example.xlsx.

The Engine tab on that file has the logic for resolving attacks in a running ERA server, by default located on localhost:8888

Offline Pete_Keller

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #403 on: June 25, 2023, 09:06:03 PM »
Thank you,

I'm a Linux user, and had not thought to look in the windows exe file. I was able to use my wife's Win-10 box to get it, and it helped.

Offline Jarwyn

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #404 on: July 02, 2023, 01:16:17 PM »
I have got ERA for RMU - loaded the core module and spell law module. Not created any characters yet as wanted to see how it all worked before taking that time. Have some questions that are not answered in the tutorials.

Combat - does not seem to flow like the video - mainly of course because RMU does not follow RM snap, normal etc method.
So I added the two sample characters and a thug - generated initiative - all good so far created a line of images for the order of the first round..
Then clicked the portrait (in the initiative line)  for first character and said it was going to do a ranged attack - "add selected" it - then clicked accept - and saw nothing in the window or anything to indicated this choice.
I can click the image for that character in the upper corner and do an ranged attack but I thought the idea was to use the initiative image to set the combat.

So confused - can you explain what i am missing?

Also used Lavan as toon and he has some spells - so I used the combat attack of directed spell and it allowed an attack on the thug - but i did not choose what direct spell I was using and in fact the character does not know a spell. He has some fire magic but the direct spell did Krush damage.

I think I am missing something in the sequence but because the tutorial is about old RM i cannot see what i am doing wrong.

Also how do I add more creatures to the module, i cannot use the creatures from standard RM as they would have wrong AT etc - so how do you manually add baddies?

Thank you

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #405 on: July 03, 2023, 05:28:38 PM »
I'll put the answer in the other thread so it's easier to follow:
https://ironcrown.co.uk/ICEforums/index.php?topic=21041.msg0

Offline netbat

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #406 on: July 06, 2023, 06:29:20 PM »
For RMFRP, does the skill glossary require SoHK to work? I just updated to the june version of era and creatures, but don't seem to have an option to click on skills in status or in character sheet(except the previous icons for options, specialization, derive attack, remove, and apply).
There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away -
                                                   Emily Dickenson

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #407 on: July 06, 2023, 08:38:34 PM »
For RMFRP, does the skill glossary require SoHK to work? I just updated to the june version of era and creatures, but don't seem to have an option to click on skills in status or in character sheet(except the previous icons for options, specialization, derive attack, remove, and apply).

The skill descriptions are in the SoHK package.

You get an example XML in the base product, which includes the complete description, modifiers and examples difficulties for Acrobatics and Attunement. This also serves as a guide in case you have custom skills for your gaming group and want to add their descriptions.

So you can check the description for Acrobatics and Attunement in the character sheet, character status and adventuring modules.

Offline netbat

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #408 on: July 06, 2023, 09:00:37 PM »
Okay, I see it now. Any reason why they aren't available in the maneuver frame in adventuring?
There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away -
                                                   Emily Dickenson

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #409 on: July 08, 2023, 08:07:57 PM »
Okay, I see it now. Any reason why they aren't available in the maneuver frame in adventuring?

They are available in the Adventuring Module.
  • Open the maneuver resolution dialog.
  • Choose a skill.
  • Click on the magnifying glass icon.
  • If the skill has a description installed, it will be shown to the left, along with modifiers and difficulty examples.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #410 on: December 19, 2023, 12:55:16 PM »
New ERA tutorial video available: adventuring
https://youtu.be/PyIRdppUmhQ

It uses RMU, but you can get an idea on how most of the features can be applied to your adventures.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #411 on: December 22, 2023, 08:50:07 PM »
ERA has been updated!
https://erahome.wordpress.com/2023/12/23/whats-new-on-era-for-rolemaster-7/

A summary of what changed since the last time I posted about an update:
  • New features
    • Spell Lists now include a category, which is used to filter names for spell castings skills.
    • Force spell dialog now includes a detail on the result calculation components.
    • Map distance calculator in the Travel module.
    • Added option to ask for several skill name filters at once, using the pipe | as separator.
    • Added search feature to the Treasure module table selection.
    • Added customization module.
  • Improvements/corrections
    • Map for Travel Module is now stored independently for each ruleset in the Adventures directory.
    • Herb codes will be interpreted as case-insensitive and unknown codes will be notified.
    • New characters will offer open and closed spell lists in the corresponding skill category.
    • Improved attacks step during character creation to ensure selections and suggest a skill name when possible.
    • Negative resistance special bonus will now be loaded correctly.
    • Non-UM rolls on force spells will be once again restricted to giving non-UM results, regardless of the total.
    • Character profile tooltip will be once again updated as the status changes (stun, bleeding, hits).
    • Choosing an attack table with parenthesis during character creation will ignore them when suggesting the name for the attack skill, to prevent it from being interpreted as a specialization.
    • Creatures can now resist against hybrid spells.
    • Having a character file without level in its name will no longer prevent loading characters by name using the load query.
    • User defined skill glossaries will now correctly override those from book packages.
    • Added notifications to wait after uploading files and before server restarts.
    • Redesigned loading notification. Added loading notification to more actions. Greyed out buttons during server processing in the Character Creation module.
    • RMFRP: resistance against hybrid spells will now correctly apply the full value of the same realm bonus.
  • Advanced Customization
    • Variant races can be included in the Races directory to be offered during character creation.
    • Added support for base 64 avatars in Creature files.
    • Added warning when using an out of date version. The check is on by default, and can be configured using option "checkForUpdates".
  • Package updates
    • RMC: Arms Law was updated to correct a fumble table. Spell Law, Shadow World, Oriental Companion, Companion I and Combat Companion were updated to include the new category information for all spell lists.
    • RMFRP: Character Law and Races and Cultures were updated to improve culture rank assignments to spell lists. Treasure Companion, Spell Law, Shadow World, Mentalism Companion, Fire and Ice, Essence Companion, Combat Companion, Channeling Companion and Arcane Companion were updated to include the new category information for all spell lists.
    • RMU:  Spell law was updated to include the new category information for all spell lists.
    • Privateers: Core was updated to include the new category information for all spell lists.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #412 on: February 07, 2024, 08:20:41 PM »
ERA has been updated!
https://twitter.com/voriigkye/status/1755414465875435598
https://erahome.wordpress.com/2024/02/08/whats-new-on-era-for-rolemaster-8/
  • New features
    • Added spell list filter to spell casting skills of character profiles in the Adventuring module.
    • Added climate and locale columns to herbs table.
    • Added button to download adventures, summaries, party inventories and characters from the customization module.
    • Changed the delete button in the customization module to allow removing multiple files at once.
  • Improvements/corrections
    • Foraging module will not offer filters nor columns that have only one option.
    • Available characters offered in the adventuring and character sheet module will now be displayed in alphabetical order, then in ascending level order.
    • Removing a well known skill will not block the UI after informing that it is not allowed.
    • Adding an already existing skill will now inform that it is not allowed.
    • RMU will now allow accessing the injury recovery dialog for NPCs.
  • Package updates
    • RMC: Treasures was updated to improve readability of results.
    • RMFRP: Treasure Companion was updated to improve readability of results.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #413 on: February 08, 2024, 05:13:39 PM »
New ERA for Rolemaster package: RMU Treasure Law
https://twitter.com/voriigkye/status/1755730800375394668

72 treasure tables + 3 professions + 34 spell lists +10 spell failure columns + 149 herbs and poisons
https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/product/470341/ERA-for-Rolemaster-Treasure-Law-RMU

Offline Barwickian

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #414 on: April 04, 2024, 07:01:15 AM »
ERA has been updated!

This update, downloaded from DriveThru, is causing Kaspersky to have fits. It's saying it's detected the PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic malware, and is now deleting all my ERA files.

Not sure at this point it the problem is with Kaspersky or with the update file, but I thought I'd flag it.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #415 on: April 05, 2024, 06:59:30 AM »
This update, downloaded from DriveThru, is causing Kaspersky to have fits. It's saying it's detected the PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic malware, and is now deleting all my ERA files.

Not sure at this point it the problem is with Kaspersky or with the update file, but I thought I'd flag it.

Hi! The antivirus issue was getting really annoying, it seems the way ERA starts the different rulesets was flagged as "suspicious".

So to prevent that, from the next release onwards, the Windows version will be a ZIP file, and the server will start using BAT files.
Hopefully that will settle it with the false positives.

You can get a preview of the next version here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/tt5k18qz8q091nbps9nec/ERA-for-Rolemaster-Preview-Windows.zip?rlkey=6ysybk432be8gqibjxs9qtkvn&dl=0

Let us know if that works ok for you.

Offline Barwickian

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #416 on: April 08, 2024, 04:05:16 AM »
Let us know if that works ok for you.

Yes, that's working. Thank you.

Offline NanoEther

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #417 on: April 09, 2024, 07:54:02 AM »
Subskills would be nice, allowing for a predetermined list of subskills to be made available. Could be expanded to include predetermined specialties. Though keeping the ability to type in an unlisted sub-skill/specialty may be advisable. Maybe add switches in subskill listing: subskill (Y/N, or require subskill/specialty to be typed) AddUnlisted (Y/N)