Author Topic: Thieves' World and Rolemaster  (Read 234 times)

Offline Druss_the_Legend

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Thieves' World and Rolemaster
« on: February 23, 2024, 11:33:44 AM »
Does anyone else use Thieves' World in their Rolemaster campaign?

Has been my exclusive setting for over 3 decades and still going strong.
My players really enjoy it. I use a large amount of intrigue. Dark and gritty with assassins and spies aplenty. I have homebrewed a number of guilds and competing factions also.

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Thieves' World and Rolemaster
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 12:44:40 PM »
Thieves' World is awesome.  I managed to read one of the books when it was available at my library.  It's a good setting.

Offline Druss_the_Legend

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Thieves' World and Rolemaster
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 02:25:55 AM »
Thieves' World is awesome.  I managed to read one of the books when it was available at my library.  It's a good setting.

Yes it is! I used the first 4-5 books as background material but tbh the Thieves World boxed set has everything u need. Maps. NPC stats. Starting adventures and much more.

In my game world Jubal is dead and his hawkmasks have gone into hiding. Lythande is entangled with a bloodthirsty cult and Tempus has gone rogue and his Stepsons work against the Prince and his hellhounds who have been corrupted by supporters of The Bloody Hand. A new crime-lord calling himself Lord Night has emerged and has made a play for control of the underworld of the city.

Meanwhile the party have just stepped outside Sanctuary for the first time in about 80 sessions. They are currently on a quest into the mountains east of Ilsig. Recruited by Lythande and the High Priest of Heqt to retrieve number of relics from the Armoury of Heqt and hopefully thwart the plans of The Bloody Hand who want to bring back a cabal of vampire lords.

Classic good versus evil story and some potential for interactions with a mysterious and sinister dark god. Their mission has the highest stakes ever. If they fail, The Enemy will overrun Firaq the City of Magic, take the ancient tomb of black magic held there resurrect the vampire lords who will rule over the known world.