Author Topic: Gen Con 2016  (Read 7377 times)

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
Re: Gen Con 2016
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2016, 05:44:04 PM »
I was gonna say, if it was your 50th wedding anniversary you must look young for your age.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2016, 09:36:00 AM »
I was gonna say, if it was your 50th wedding anniversary you must look young for your age.
Haha! Well before I grew this goatee I had people tell me all the time that I looked like I was in my mid 30's. But since this goatee is well salted I now look more my age, to bad I still don't act it...LOL.

If I hadn't mentioned this yet I am able to make it ot Gencon this year. I will not be running any events primarily because I want more time on the merchandise floor and to be able to connect with friends.

So on that note let me know if anyone wants to try and meet up again this year!
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2016, 11:07:28 AM »
So I am here at Gencon. Not a great start as I had forgotten part off my C-papa machine last night and I did not sleep well and had a horrible migraine when I finally crawled out of bed this morning. But I am feeling much better now!

Regardless of that, If anyone on here that has gone to Gencon this year (and checks this forum) would like to meet up, please PM me!

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 06:54:03 PM »
So I am here at Gencon. Not a great start as I had forgotten part off my C-papa machine last night and I did not sleep well and had a horrible migraine when I finally crawled out of bed this morning. But I am feeling much better now!

Regardless of that, If anyone on here that has gone to Gencon this year (and checks this forum) would like to meet up, please PM me!

Oops. checked too later. We had a great time. Did you?
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline bpowell

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 08:32:58 PM »

I was there, but did not take an "electronic leash"

-BP

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2016, 01:44:27 PM »
Well, reservations made for 2017... never too early to plan, right?  ;)
- Cory Magel

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2016, 10:18:22 PM »

I was there, but did not take an "electronic leash"

-BP

Well if that is how you see it then sorry we could not meet up. I use my phone to stay in contact with friends and family. In fact if I did not have contact with my one old friend down in Indy they we would not have gone to seen Suicide Squad. Which despite all the hate out there for the movie it was pretty good.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2016, 10:20:57 PM »
Well, reservations made for 2017... never too early to plan, right?  ;)
Correct.
I plan on going next year as it is also the 50th anniversary of my birth so..... But who knows what will happen between now and then.

But we definitely need to meet up again. I may possibly be running some more games next year and if you are also then that would be awesome. Maybe we could coordinate the times so we can possibly join in each others games.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2016, 11:18:03 PM »
I've worked GenCon twice, once helping ICE out a bit and running my own tournament event and once while I was working at WotC and I just don't want to run games there anymore.  Have also been twice just for fun.  If it wasn't 2200 miles away I would run games, but I'm more interested in playing than GMing, so I just can't justify the cost of going all the way to GenCon only to 'work'.

I'll have to see about the gaming in RM part though.  However, when I got to GenCon I usually play games I want to try out or don't get to play regularly at home.  RPG's that I don't know and want to see I probably won't even sign up for, but rather just show up to watch the start (intro) and a little play to see if it's something I'll like.  Board games I want to try I'll take part in however as I want to actually PLAY to see if I like the strategies.

Definitely up for a meet and greet again however.
- Cory Magel