Author Topic: Bioshock - anybody used this setting or tried to convert towards it?  (Read 2149 times)

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
Yeah, I admit after the release of the generation of games around the time of Half-life I have been a "little" behind on playing the great computer games that emerge. For instance just two weeks ago I played the old Dark Sun computer games made for Dos. It seems to me the games of an older date have deeper stories and plot lines than newer games, which seem to mainly focus on graphics and instant action.

Recently I became the now happy owner of a PS3 and decided Bioshock should be the first big title for that platform. Bioshock proved that even modern games can have a deep plot and a large immersion value. The setting itself and what has been done to truly captivate the players in the world that the game describe is truly awe inspiring.

After playing great games or seeing highly interesting movies it happens that I become to want to try and do a little RPG in those settings. Have anyone tried to do that with the setting of Rapture and try to covert for use with the RM/SM systems? I can imaging the portrayal of Plasmid in gameterms could prove troublesome however, yet I am eager to hear if anyone have any success doing it
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame