Author Topic: Messengers of Syrkakang  (Read 3212 times)

Offline arnecooper

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Messengers of Syrkakang
« on: January 13, 2010, 10:29:31 PM »
Actually, this is a question about the warhorses of the messengers. Are these just regular animals that the messengers ride, or are they some kind of evil beast? If a player kills a messenger, can he take and ride his warhorse?

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
Re: Messengers of Syrkakang
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 05:15:19 AM »
In Powers of Light & Darkness, the steed is described as being a warhorse.

I suppose a player could try and steal his horse, but this is a trained warhorse, probably solely trained for its' rider. It will probably try and kill any player who tries to ride it.

Have a look at this article on destriers, a type of war horse used in the Middle Ages.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 05:37:26 AM »
Thinking about it, medieval horses could have been trained to attack people other than their approved rider using normal training methods. The Messengers would have access to other means of controlling them, namely magical. A horse could be trained from birth using a combination of standard methods and magical ones.

Offline arnecooper

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 09:56:15 AM »
So, technically, a Beastmaster could cast Animal Bonding on a messenger's warhorse.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
I would think that whoever breeds and trains the horses for the Messengers would have though of that, given they've been around for long enough that someone has to have tried it, and left some sort of nasty (magical) surprise for it.