Author Topic: What goes with RCM?  (Read 2559 times)

Offline GamerDude

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
What goes with RCM?
« on: January 14, 2009, 11:05:09 PM »
A friend has been hounding me for years to give rolemaster a try.  Since he recently decided he's changing our weekly game to RM.  He has RM2 and so I had him help me pick out which RM pdfs to get and ended up with the RMC package (Character, Arms, and Spell Law).

So now we are both trying to figure out what else to get for RM Classic.  The Char Law book says the GM stuff was being spun out as "Campaign Law" but I can't find anything like that.  In the Iron Crown online store I do see "RMC: Creatures & Treasures PDF" and "RMC: Combat Companion PDF", but when I go to DriveThruRPG.com, there is like over 100 pdfs for Rolemaster there.

So, any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

Al B.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: What goes with RCM?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 11:18:34 PM »
 First off. Welcome to the ICE Forums Gamer.

I mainly use a different flavor of RM but I think I can help you out. The first other book I would get would be Combat Companion as it has information about creating hand to hand and weapon styles. These styles can really change your game and PC's so I recommend it highly as a GM world builder book and the players will like it also.
 You ask about Campaign Law and I think that book is in the works but I am not sure. I am just a volunteer Mod. Also Creatures and Treasures is good as it has the RMC stats for monsters and such as well as some magic items. 
 If you have any other questions just post and someone will help you out.
MDC

Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 07:21:37 AM »
Your best bet is to get them directly from ICE anyways - http://shop.ironcrown.com  ;D Especially since we currently have all of our products on sale for 25% off their regular price. DriveThru apparently isn't sorting products by sub-categories.

As for determining what products go with what version of Rolemaster, might I suggest taking a look at our main website (you can do that by click on the crown in the upper left corner). On the left side of the page, there is a heading that says "ICE Games" and beneath it is a listing of the major lines.

Clicking on one takes you to a page that gives a brief description of the main products for that line (for example --> http://www.ironcrown.com/index.php?page=igames/IntroRMC <--), and a list of "Compatible Products" underneath. Clicking on the name of one of the compatible products takes you to a page that describes it. For example, clicking on "Express Additions" will take you to a page that gives the table of contents for all of the issues of Express Additions.

And by looking there, you will see that if you have the core RMC books, that many of the first issues of EA you won't need unless you want some of the optional rules in them.

I hope that this has been helpful. Enjoy!

Offline GamerDude

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 11:46:03 AM »
Thanks Rasyr, that helps quite a bit.

One question I still have is "What happened to the 'Campaign Law' mentioned in RMC-Char Law"? The date on the first /title page of my RMC PDFs say "2006", so I imagine the products have been out at least a good two years.  My friend and I are both eager to get Campaign Law for RMC once we find it.

thanks
Al B.

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 01:12:27 PM »
It was put on indefinite hold ...

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 01:31:30 PM »
Character Law was the first book of the RMC line to be revamped, and at the end of that process it was decided to cut the Campaign Law material and create a whole new Campaign Law product, but that had to wait until the rest of the Rolemaster Classic line was released, so it did not get started until RMC C&T was done (and C&T was released in November of 2007).

Unfortunately, when ICE rejected the first draft submitted (mainly due to shifts in what ICE thought needed to be in the product), the majority of the team took the opportunity ICE offered and they left the project. Those who remained tried creating another outline, but basic differences in viewpoint left ICE unhappy with that (nobody was wrong, just a couple of incompatible viewpoints).

It was at this point (early Oct 2008) that ICE decided to put the project on hiatus until ICE has more time to devote to the project. That should (hopefully) be later this year.

Offline GamerDude

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 12:59:32 AM »
Thanks guys... that covers it.

I will be looking for it to show up later this year.

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 03:38:37 PM »
Thanks guys... that covers it.

I will be looking for it to show up later this year.

:laugh1:
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"