Author Topic: Elemental attack roll  (Read 2190 times)

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Elemental attack roll
« on: January 13, 2009, 09:53:45 AM »
Hi to All Folks here!

I've got a question about the casting of elemental attack spells: in Spell Law p 41 the text says that a spell user add his Caster level in the case of an EAR(pure and Hybrid); in the example p 43 a 12 th level magician add his level (+12) to his skill bonus from Directed Spell....but for Directed Spell there's already a bonus for Directed Spells (table 09-07 from Character Law p 127).
For Elemental Ball Attacks the text says that only the level of caster count in the EAR (+ other factors indeed). Is it an error? Or a mage level 40 add his level (40) to his bonus from Directed Spell (based: skill bonus with ranks+ Agility bonus+ bonus to Directed Spells from table p 127 of Character Law).

Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Elemental attack roll
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 10:04:09 AM »
The Bonus table from page 127 Character Law is an Option, not part of the core rules. If you are not using that option, then you ignore that table. If you are using it, then that means that there will be changes to how you handle other things. For example, you will ignore all other references to level bonuses to skills, and use the bonuses from that table.

Therefore, the table on page 127, IF you are using it, would over-ride the text from Spell Law page 41 (i.e. use the level bonuses from the table, NOT from any other core text regardling level bonuses).

In regards to elemental ball attacks -- there is NO skill involved in making those attacks, only the bonuses as given in Spell Law (and since there are no skills involved, using the table on page 127 would not change how ball spells are cast).

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Elemental attack roll
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 12:50:46 PM »
Clear, tanx!
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&