Author Topic: Charm spells  (Read 2210 times)

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Charm spells
« on: January 11, 2009, 02:30:13 AM »
Hi and good year to All Folks here! ;)

How You handle Charm spells?
In my player's group a magician casted a charm spell on an orc with the intention to kill him after some questions...I've just stated that the spell ended immediatly because the mage would kill the orc.
Am I right?   
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
Re: Charm spells
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 02:35:44 AM »
Imho no, the spell should end when the mage (and/or his companions) overtly attack the orc.
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 06:39:16 AM »
Well, first off, theƂ  Orc does get the chance to resist the spell.

And even if he fails the RR, the most that the spell will do is make the Orc think that the Caster is a good friend, not anybody else. If the Orc would distrust, and/or attack the Caster's friends normally, he would still do so while under the effects of the spell (but he would not attack the caster - his good and dear friend).

And the moment that the caster tried to attack him, that would break the spell and the Orc would be able to act normally.

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 10:52:26 AM »
Tanx for the answers !
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&