Author Topic: Question about "Must Parry"  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Aramis

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Question about "Must Parry"
« on: January 10, 2009, 08:23:04 PM »
If you have used less than 50% of your actions in the round and you receive a critical result of "Must Parry"  and lets say you have already allocated some of your OB to DB do you use half of this DB for the rest of the round (this current round counting towards total round of effect, for having used less than 50% activity)?

My next question in RMC Arms Law page 49 under Must Parry # of rounds, it says "they may only parry with half of their OB, and the only other actions allowed are movement and maneuvers, both modified by -25". Now on page 50 under Effects of Must Parry it says "They can parry with half their OB, or perform a movement/maneuver at -25. The Key word being "OR". In the first example it uses "and" making me believe he can parry and move and in the latter it says "or" making me asume it means one or the other. So if someone can shine some light on this I would be greatful.
G Mo

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Question about "Must Parry"
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 08:59:56 PM »
If you have used less than 50% of your actions in the round and you receive a critical result of "Must Parry"  and lets say you have already allocated some of your OB to DB do you use half of this DB for the rest of the round (this current round counting towards total round of effect, for having used less than 50% activity)?

That OB/DB allocation is canceled when you received the critical and it took effect. When you make that allocation, you are declaring an attack, and that allocation is part of that.

When you receive the "must parry"/"stun" result, your actions for the round are canceled, and thus so is that OB/DB allocation. Therefore the character would have half of his full OB moved to DB for the "Must Parry"

My next question in RMC Arms Law page 49 under Must Parry # of rounds, it says "they may only parry with half of their OB, and the only other actions allowed are movement and maneuvers, both modified by -25". Now on page 50 under Effects of Must Parry it says "They can parry with half their OB, or perform a movement/maneuver at -25. The Key word being "OR". In the first example it uses "and" making me believe he can parry and move and in the latter it says "or" making me asume it means one or the other. So if someone can shine some light on this I would be greatful.

The key words are "and the only other" - which means that they may do the "must parry" OR they may perform other actions at a -25. The section from page 49 was trying to say  one or the other, not imply that you could do both in the same round.

Offline Aramis

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Question about "Must Parry"
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 09:09:21 PM »
Again I read into it too much. Thanks for the quick reply.
 ;D
G Mo