Author Topic: Soft leather armor worse than nothing?  (Read 2280 times)

Offline bombshelter13

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Soft leather armor worse than nothing?
« on: January 03, 2009, 12:43:26 PM »
I've been going through the wapons tables in the RMC version of  Arms Law, and have been noticing an odd trend - against most weapon types available, Armour Types 4-8 look to actually be significantly worse than Armour Types 1-2 - while the columns for the soft leather types typically get you 1 or 2 fewer concussion hits, the criticles nearly always start far sooner than in the columns for the cloth types.

This seems counter intuitive - it looks like wearing plain cloth is actually better than soft leather in most cases. There must be some part of the equation that I'm missing?

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
Re: Soft leather armor worse than nothing?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 03:04:31 PM »
For weapon tables you are absolutely right, for some ATs, especially AT5 or 6 the criticals start sooner than for AT1 - at least for weapon attacks. For animal attacks, e.g. the Bite Attack Table, this is not true. Here the criticals IIRC start later for AT5 and 6 than for AT1. To me it looks like these armors are not meant for protection in battle but rather as protection from weather. Don't know whether this is realistic. In any case I don't remember having seen a player character actually choose these armor types for his character.

Btw., this topic has been discussed before, so you could try a search for old threads around this.

Offline Vince

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Soft leather armor worse than nothing?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 04:56:42 PM »
yes that's true , specially the AT5 , this is the worse one.

Order of the Iron Crown

(RM2+ Shadow World+ GM)