Author Topic: Weapon Statistics Chart  (Read 3086 times)

Offline Aramis

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Weapon Statistics Chart
« on: January 01, 2009, 01:51:59 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm a new player to RMC but not to roleplaying. I have read over CL, AL, SL and RME. I like this game, I love options. Anyway I was wondering if there are any expanded Weapons Statistics Chart showing more weapons and how they apply to Armor Modifications, special options ect...
also about some of the costs of them?

I will probably have some questions on how a few of the rules are applied in the game.

G MO
G Mo

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Weapon Statistics Chart
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 03:30:57 PM »
Ask your questions...

Expanded Weapon Statistics tables

The Weapon Statistics table on page 23 of RMC Arms Law gives additional weapons and the adjustments for them.

The weapons for which there are tables in Arms Law do not require adjustments because those are already worked into the tables.

As for prices, I would use the same prices as are given for the weapon in the table that is used (adjusted for rarity and availability for your setting).

RMC does not have any other additional weapon tables, although RM2 did have some in a few of the companions.

Offline Aramis

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 04:27:01 PM »
I have read about the "Unusual Weapons" on page 21. I see the point of this now. With a little common sence I can design any weapon I'd like to have in the game. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

G Mo
G Mo

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 04:57:43 PM »
Welcome to the boards.

What weapon or weapons were you trying to create?

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Aramis

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 08:14:53 PM »
I was wondering about a bardiche, a two handed double bladed battle axe. Would they just use the battle axe table or would they have some advantages and disadvantages based on AT. How have some of you handled this?

G MO
G Mo

Offline Aramis

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 08:22:39 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome. You all seem like a great bunch.

G Mo
G Mo

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 08:31:19 PM »
There is a book though it is for a different edition of Rolemaster, but it has a table for the Bardiche and other weapons. It is called The Armory. You could try that if you like :)
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 08:48:55 PM »
Or you could just call it a pole arm. For most pole arms, the fact that it's a blade on the end of all that leverage is what makes it dangerous, and differences in the shape of that blade tend to be fairly minor.
Battle axes are two handed to begin with. The primary difference between a "battle axe" and a "pole axe" is the difference between 4' or so of haft and 6' to 9' of haft.

Speaking of combat axes, it's a pity we can't come up with a practical way for an axe fighter to get crit results where he hooks the shield of his opponent and drags his defense open, thereby causing him to get no shield bonus the next round.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 09:18:48 PM »
 For the Great Axe I would go to this website http://www.guildcompanion.com/ and do a search for the Weapons Of Novi. I think that is the name if not I can get you the article from my own RM file back up. IIRC the article may also deal with various pole arms and a lot of other custom weapons  the creater make for his world. Also the GC site has lots of good stuff for RM, HARP and general game stuff.
 In Arms Law they basicly treat all pole arms the same but if you have some info about the wepon you can design the mods your self by just giving armor type bonuses.
 There also was a great article way back in the day in an early Dragon mag that was alos reprinted in The Best of the Dragon and variuos other books that came after it. If you can find it read it as it was great. Also now adays you can probably find some good info on the net and if you are lucky you might be able to talk to a weapon history profesor and get some good data to flush out the weapon. Or sometimes there are some great shows on the History Channel and the Discovery Channel on variuos weapons and martial art styles.

MDC

BTW, also if you do not have the Combat Companion I would recomend you pick it up and it can have a huge impact on your game and game world. It does take some work to create a few combat arts and hand to hand arts but it is well worth it. Also IMO the GM shuold make the combat arts or he and the player can work together in creating them. But again with any system of this type you can make some really powerful stuf that can break your game. Or if you happen to have the RMSS Martial Arts Companion you can use that but it is out of print and often commands high $ amounts.

MDC 
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 03:08:46 AM »
I have to agree with markc, get Combat Companion even if you don't use the new Armor by the Piece/Condensed Combat or Combat Styles it still got other stuff you want like some new cool professions and other stuff.
I myself play with RMFRP and still use some stuff from Combat Companion mostly the new Condensed Combat-system with the Armor by the Piece rules. Our current campaign is a D&D3,5 Adventure Path from Pazio and there is a lot of combat there so I decided to use the new combat system to speed up combat.

Despite the players wanting to. I don't use Combat Styles, it's a good system but think it requires an eye from a GM at all times to prevent abuse so I decided not to go with it. But we have tried it out and it's really good.

Ohh and about the Bardiche depends on how much detail you want, I would probably just go with the regular Polearm table for most types of polearms, since when it comes down to it most polearms can do all three types of crits and work in similar ways and if you feel like the Bardiche won't do Piercing crits just change those to Slashing and then you got more of a cutting Polearm. All this is ofcourse unnecessary if using the Condensed Combat-system where all different weapontypes have it's own crits.

Offline Aramis

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 10:04:42 AM »
I have the combat companion but have not read through it yet. I am still obsorbing the core RMC and RME first then moving on to CC. The condensed combat system sounds like a great alternative. I'll check into that. Would you have to use the new armor system for this?

G mo
G Mo

Offline Spartan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Forge: Western Martial Arts
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 05:19:59 PM »
Hi Aramis,

Just remember that there's nothing new under the with hand weapons. Any one handed sword is much like another when you get down to the brass tacks of combat. The only real thing to take into account is cutting versus thrusting. A good cutter like a falchion doesn't thrust as well as an arming sword. Every weapon design is a compromise, and there's no such thing as a "best sword" or whatever. :) Only stuff like enchantment is going to make huge differences to weapons stats. Take a German kriegsmesser and a katana, and you'll find they do about the same damage to the same type of target. It's the fighter that makes the real difference.

When in doubt, pick whatever's closest in function and call it good. Chances are you'll be close enough that it won't matter. :)

Best regards,

-Mark

Offline Aramis

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 06:03:02 PM »
Thank you to everyone. ;D. I am sure I will have more questions so just please bear with me.
G Mo

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 06:12:21 PM »
I have the combat companion but have not read through it yet. I am still obsorbing the core RMC and RME first then moving on to CC. The condensed combat system sounds like a great alternative. I'll check into that. Would you have to use the new armor system for this?

G mo

Not by the design, but I belive some of the others do that and have put in the additional work needed for it. But by design CC is designed to work with the new armor rules and if you do wanna change it you need to put in some work into. Normally I do use the core rules, find them more varied but with amount of combat that have been in the campaign so far after some feedback I went for the new CC system to reduce some of the time spent in combat. But the new armor rules by itself really rocks since you can now slowly scale the armor with the skill the Character have, and it also gives a character the option to go for lower AR but higher DB or the contrary. But remember the penalty in new rules do also apply to OB so getting the heaviest armor is not always something a player want if he still wants a high OB.

Offline thrud

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 02:33:58 AM »
A useless bit of information.
The Katana made for war is heavier than the regular one you would encounter.