Author Topic: Dodge  (Read 2164 times)

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Dodge
« on: November 28, 2008, 09:03:30 AM »
Hi all folks!
I have one question about the dodge action for the percentage activity. In the table of Arms Law (p 26 the numbers are: 50-100% activity) but in the example p 29 a dodge is considered 100% activity.
What is the truth?
Tank IOU for the answer!
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Dodge
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 10:35:16 AM »
It is a typo on the table. It should be 100%. It is a case where it was 50-100% at one point, and then refinement later reduced it to just a 100% activity action, and the percentage on the table was missed (by everybody (both RMC team and ICE) it seems, until now).  ;D

However, the main usage of the Dodge is to abort some other action and Dodge to avoid an attack. I cannot see any issues with allowing Dodge attempts to be made at less than 100% activity as normally declared actions (i.e. if you abort another action to Dodge, it must be a 100% activity dodge). In such cases, a Dodge taking 75% activity would be made at -25 to the roll, just like any other action. A 50% dodge would be made at -50 to the roll, etc.

It would be similar to parrying, but with no guaranteed increase to DB. The player would be taking a chance that they could roll well enough to get a larger bonus to DB than the minus that they would have to other actions.

This could be very handy when trying to disengage from melee - i.e. a 75% Dodge with a 25% move at a Dash.

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Dodge
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 02:27:11 AM »
Tanx Rasyr!
I'm agree with your vision about dodge.
Have a good Christmas time! ;)
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&