Author Topic: Purchasing RMC  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Oath of Blood

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Purchasing RMC
« on: November 24, 2008, 10:43:34 PM »
Going to pick up RMC after having been a RM fan over the years.  Need help in regards to what format would be best ( paper, cloth or hardbound ).  My fear is hardbound wont last long from wear and tear, and cloth may be flimsy.  Not sure.  My gut feeling is paper.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 10:53:09 PM by Oath of Blood »

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
Re: Purchasing RMC
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 03:43:19 AM »
I have RMC character law in the paper version and the binding seems good to me, but I've no idea on how good are the other two versions...

BTW Welcome to the forums  ;)
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline jolt

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 08:55:27 AM »
I've always preferred hardbounds when possible as they're more durable (unless the company in question has a bad reputation for poor bindings).  The problem I have with paper is that regular printer paper is lousy quality.  Resume or presentation paper is much better but way more expensive (which kind of defeats the cost savings of going PDF).  It's even worse if you want to print in color.  I only buy PDF's now if the product is very small.  Everyone has their own preferences though.

jolt
"Logic will take you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere." ~Einstein

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 04:23:55 PM »
Oath of Blood,
 Welcome to the forums.

I like paper and PDF format as players can look at the game copy and I can print the charts and stuff for my players. I cannot comment on the quality of hardbound and cloth as I do not own any.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline bottg

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Arion Games
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 04:28:48 PM »
I have the hardbounds and the pdfs of RMC.  The hardbounds are great quality, and although they don't get a lot of handling, i think they will hold up pretty well.

I use the pdfs to print & laminate combat tables, print spell lists for specific characters, print stat gain tables etc to speed up char gen, and i also print a complete copy out and comb bind it.  Then my players can look through those to their hearts content and get their grubby mitts of my hardbacks!!

Seriously though, even if you go for paper versions, get a pdf of Arms Law.  It is invaluable.

Offline Oath of Blood

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 10:16:46 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and the info. I went with paper and will purchase the pdf of arms law soon. Danke